Pre Rooted Gingerbread

Reaction score
Ok, I know what the common knowledge says regarding the install process but I gotta report this result. I did not wipe before I flashed the .sbf file. The flash did not remove my data and I have had no issues. I did have to re-root and reinstall recovery. All my accounts stayed. These results are reasonable since all of this stuff is on the data partition. I always thought the flash would overwrite my data. I installed P3 droid's rooted update over my not wiped Froyo. It works wonderfully!

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

whodidthis

Reaction score
Ok, I know what the common knowledge says regarding the install process but I gotta report this result. I did not wipe before I flashed the .sbf file. The flash did not remove my data and I have had no issues. I did have to re-root and reinstall recovery. All my accounts stayed. These results are reasonable since all of this stuff is on the data partition. I always thought the flash would overwrite my data. I installed P3 droid's rooted update over my not wiped Froyo. It works wonderfully!

Same here...but anybody noticing some errors? Check the battery usage screen (on the battery data manager) the top grey line is not straight...
...not picky, just noticed that.

ravinaziankid

Reaction score
So if I already updated to Gingerbread, is it too late or is that SBF file going to downgrade me back to Froyo?

antron007

Reaction score
Im dling the pre rooted now. All I've done with 2.2.2 is install gingerbreak the custom recovery and do the media card trick.

Will the update undo/erase any of those?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol....really? It's only 2.3.3? Not 2.3.4?

quick comment on the D3 vs X2 comment. There are literally no identical hardware components outside of RAM size and Screen. Even the Dual Core is a different CPU after finding issues with the Tegra's. Notice that the D3, Bionic, and other future dual core's are NOT tegra? There is a reason for that. And now that I start thinking about it I wonder if that is why the update is 2.3.3 and not .4 or .5

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, 2.3.3...it's pretty pathetic, they make DX2 owners wait and wait, and then it isn't even the most recent (2.3.5) or second most recent (2.3.4), it's 2.3.3.

DX2 really gets no love from Moto/VZW...I'm working on my wife exchanging hers for the Galaxy S2/Bionic if they come out before her costco 90 days exchange period is up...or if they don't come out in time, for the Charge, which at least has a more ROM action going on.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hopefully they will get CM7 working on the X2. Best thing that ever happened to the X.

CM74DX

juhde

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Same here...but anybody noticing some errors? Check the battery usage screen (on the battery data manager) the top grey line is not straight...

Uhhhh, it's not supposed to be straight. It's a line graph. It's also expandable, tap on it.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

Uhhhh, it's not supposed to be straight. It's a line graph. It's also expandable, tap on it.

Ahh Newbs What Can I Say.

melido

Reaction score
Yes, works perfect. X2 runs much smoother on gingerbread!

86mcss

Reaction score
My X2 is stock. It is rooted and v6 supercharged, SD speed increase, and has bloat freeze.

I tried updating last night and it would not let me. Do I need to undo and remove bloat freeze in order for it to work?

Im a newb at this type of stuff.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
My X2 is stock. It is rooted and v6 supercharged, SD speed increase, and has bloat freeze.

I tried updating last night and it would not let me. Do I need to undo and remove bloat freeze in order for it to work?

Im a newb at this type of stuff.

Yes, Your Device Needs To Be Stock. It's Recommended To SBF And Factory Reset Before Updating.

86mcss

Reaction score
Thanks MIKE

I did not have to sbf though and got rooted gingerbread on my phone.

I backed up all my shtuff with Titanium backup.
Then unfroze everything and reloaded my phone back to stock.
Re-rooted and installed bootstrap.
Then installed the p3 droid update and all went well.

Thanks for the help my mah d00d