1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pre-Root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Soul Knight, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Soul Knight

Soul Knight New Member

Ok i have been looking all over and cant seem to find any instructions on what i should do before i root.. I want to have a backup of my phone just in case i have to flash it back. Is that a pointless procedure if not a point in the right direction would be nice if i am just being blind and cant see the thread
  2. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

Well you cant backup before root. Im not familiar with rooting the d1 so not sure how its done with it. I would back up your texts if its done by wiping though. I use an app called SMS Backup+ for it (free in market), it saves them all in your linked gmail account and can restore them as well.
  3. Soul Knight

Soul Knight New Member

Thank you for the speedy reply. I get what you mean now that i think about it. I have another question if you would be so kind. I have the 2.2.2 update on my phone right now. I downloaded soup or root on my computer followed the instructions step by step and it does absolutely nothing except that it makes it seem like my connection from my phone to the computer keeps dissconnecting and reconnecting.. Any thoughts?

(edit: just looked at your posts also Nice 1111 posts :D)
  4. 13th angel

13th angel Developer Developer

5. syndicate0017

syndicate0017 Well-Known Member

Can't use Soup or Root after the 2.2.2 update. Try this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

READ. READ. READ. And READ again. Do not start until you have everything you need and have fully read through the instructions or you could brick it.
  6. Soul Knight

Soul Knight New Member

Thank you both I went to the thread you gave and it worked awesome now i just gotta get wifi tether working but I already have another thread open for that. Thanks again
  7. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Using that thread you could have made a stock backup.

Just an fyi.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
Search tags for this page

pre rooted rom for android 2.2.