Pre-ordering vs buying on release day?

ratchetjaw

Reaction score
Not if they sell their Bionic to buy the G-Nex off contract. People do and probably will be doing this.

Or both. Will be keeping my Bionic but definitely getting yhr Nexus

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Or both. Will be keeping my Bionic but definitely getting yhr Nexus

Is that so when the G-Nex comes out and you feel disappointed you can just look at your Bionic and instantly feel satisfied. Lol. :p

(This was a joke as the G-Nex will be anything but disappointing.)

b-jammin21

Reaction score
You guys really think the Nexus is going to sell out in stores? I tell people that Im getting the Nexus and they ask "Whats that?". Theres been no TV ads and just a youtube event that us dorks watched.

Why wait 2 days for it through a pre-order? Just go to the store.

The Galaxy Nexus release falls right around perfect timing for those who bought the D1 close to its release to use their NE2 to get the G-Nex.

And A LOT of people own the D1 and want a G-Nex...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MightyT01

Reaction score
As much as I would love to get either the Razr or Nexus on release date to replace my Droid 1, I'd rather wait a few weeks and see the fallout from both releases. It's not worth it to me to rush out and buy when I know I'll be keeping this next phone for 2 years. I was patient enough to wait out the Bionic so I'm used to waiting.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron

Amen bro! I knew nothing about Android when the OG Droid came out. I loved my Palm Treo 700P too much and was contract free for quite awhile. I was leaning toward the Droid Incredible, but when the OG Droid came up for $50.00 on Amazon Wireless, I failed my saving throw. That was around February/March of 2010. I haven't regretted it ever since.

Now my contract is up the first of November and I've got some serious choices. I'm going to wait for the reviews, which typically come out the same day of release to throw my dice and see if I make another saving throw and determine the outcome.

BTW, even though I made it past the Bionic, I have to admit, it's pretty sweet. I've played with one at Costco and now the kid bro has bought one cause he needed something right away. He absolutely loves it. I'm shocked at how light it is and thinner then my OG Droid. Can't imagine how thin that Razr is going to be.

ratchetjaw

Reaction score
Is that so when the G-Nex comes out and you feel disappointed you can just look at your Bionic and instantly feel satisfied. Lol. :p

(This was a joke as the G-Nex will be anything but disappointing.)

Lol no. My Bionic is rooted and will use it to test. Plans are to keep the Nexus stock but some how I don't believe I will :)

MightyT01

Reaction score
Ill most likely preorder to avoid the lines/hassle of in store purchase.

The nexus will absolutely sell out in stores on launch day. No doubt.

The tards in my town won't have a clue. Never mind how imbecilic the verizon reps are here in my town. It's pathetic that I know way more about these phones then these minimum wage serfs. Walked into one of the Verizon stores at the mall today and the female sales tard had no clue about the Droid Razr or what it was. :icon_rolleyes: The male sales tard had a little clue but not much. I'm pretty confident we will not run out if this hic town is lucky enough to even get the GNex in stock, let alone the DRazr.

spider210

Reaction score
Ha we got over 100 bionics launch and sold like 5 on launch day. Unlike the 4s we had a huge line

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

busab

Reaction score
Even if Verizon does advertise the Nexus, Joe Public won't understand the significance of the phone.

I will pre-order if possible but I really doubt this thing will sell out. Hope I'm wrong though. :)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
Highly doubt you have to camp out for this phone...I'll be going to the store the day of release without incident...not anticipating a sell out

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
I just don't get why Verizon jumped on the G-Nex if they weren't going to push the product. Why didn't they just pass it up like every other phone with an unlock bootloader? They know what a Nexus device is!

ratchetjaw

Reaction score
I just don't get why Verizon jumped on the G-Nex if they weren't going to push the product. Why didn't they just pass it up like every other phone with an unlock bootloader? They know what a Nexus device is!

Lets just be glad they didn't :)

Chatchie

Reaction score
Did anyone go to a VZW store to get a Bionic and it be out of stock? Not Costco/Radioshack/Wireless Zone.....

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
Lets just be glad they didn't :)

Me neither. I'm about to make one of those signs you wear and plaster pictures of the G-Nex on it and stand outside of Verizon stores when the RAZR drops.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Maybe Verizon allowed a Nexus device to cater to those that desire an unlocked Android experience so people wouldn't be bothered as much with the Razr/Bionic/etc. Just a thought...:)

gthotie5

Reaction score
Ima wait and see if any amazing deals pop up.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums