Pre-ordered Droid Pro!

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its at the store? What store? They told me they didn't know when they were coming in on Monday!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes they are in store. I'm im Michigan. It was at my local Verizon store.
PS your post gave me a laugh. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk.
Thank you to those that have served and are currently serving in the military.
Happy Veterains Day.

fr4c

Reaction score
Its at the store? What store? They told me they didn't know when they were coming in on Monday!!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Yes they are in store. I'm im Michigan. It was at my local Verizon store.
PS your post gave me a laugh. Thanks.

Happy Veterains Day.

Lucky you, all the stores I called in NJ says the 18th. I just got my Droid 2, so definitely want to check out the new phones and see if I want to swap one out.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
If they are in store then it is time for me to put on my Droid Forums shirt and go play with one for a little bit - that's how I get my hands on time with new devices...the Rep's don't even ask if I need help anymore :happy:

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If they are in store then it is time for me to put on my Droid Forums shirt and go play with one for a little bit - that's how I get my hands on time with new devices...the Rep's don't even ask if I need help anymore :happy:

Sent from my Droid

At the nearest Verizon store to my house they ask you as soon as you come through the door what you want. Don't think the tee shirt would do me any good there.

Besides I purchase my phones either on line or phone. No waiting for a rebate.

Sorry, I kind of went off topic didn't I?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

Same here. Except I don't have a DF T-shirt. Also the Galexy tab is in. Along with the Continuum.

Happy Veterains Day.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I figured you would say that. ;)

Getting off topic but I really like it.

Happy Veterains Day.

mtavenger55

Reaction score

Sent from my Droid

As of yesterday they weren't in my local Verizon store. I went to check out the X & 2 & was hoping a Pro demo would be there. Even though I haven't seen the Pro in person I'm planning on upgrading to that since I currently have a Blackberry & have a general idea of what to expect from the keyboard & I like the way my Blackberry feels. I hope when I buy it later today online it will come in the mail quick lol.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The Droid Pro, Samsung Continuum, and the Galaxy Tab were released to day.

Happy Veterains Day.

eus107709

Reaction score
I ordered mine a few minutes after it was available on the Verizon website, but all I get on their order status page is "Your order is currently being processed. Please check back tomorrow." Has anyone who ordered online even received a shipping notification?

They were quick to charge my credit card, but slow on the delivery...

daseighty

Reaction score
Got mine...

Ordered mine through customer service at around 3pm yesterday. It was only supposed to ship today even with Overnight. I got in to work at about 930am and it was sitting on my desk. So far so good. Switching from my Sapphire 1.1.1 D1. Happy with it so far.

wv4ehj.jpg

eus107709

Reaction score
I guess I should have waited 8 more hours to order mine with customer service.

I'm also using a D1 with Sapphire. Do you feel like the keyboard will withstand heavy usage? I'm afraid that Moto might have copied the Blackberry design but not their quality control.

ravenhawk

Reaction score
Do not order it online! I just learned that lesson the hard way! Call up and order it through a customer service rep.
I ordered mine Monday night, got the same messages as everyone else, spent an hour on the phone with VZW yesterday, only to be told mine will ship on the 18th, came online today and saw that other people had already received theirs, called VZW again, spent another hour on the phone, was told it will ship... when it ships. Finally called again, talked to someone in the online shipping department, and they told me they'd make sure it went out today, and I just got an email confirmation.
Lesson here is, for whatever reason, called in order get taken care of right away, and online orders are at the bottom of the barrel.

daseighty

Reaction score
I guess I should have waited 8 more hours to order mine with customer service.

I'm also using a D1 with Sapphire. Do you feel like the keyboard will withstand heavy usage? I'm afraid that Moto might have copied the Blackberry design but not their quality control.

After 4 or so hours of usage, I don't foresee any keyboard issues. I like it a lot. Takes some getting used to coming from the D1. I just became so tired of using the slider keyboard on it. The keys would feel almost forced and the effort put into typing was far from worth it. I do use text/email quite often because of work and bought the Pro on impulse. It's just a simple matter of holding the phone a new and certain way, I'm all for it so far.

Running Launcher Pro Plus right now with no real issues. I didn't like the Motoblur(ish) use of Moto widgets.

OP
M

monkizzle

Reaction score
Just got home and mine was in the mail as well, just activated it and so far the keyboard isnt bad at all! i have blackberry, droid, and now droid pro!