Pre-ordered Droid Pro!

2020is

Reaction score
WOOT !! me too...Ships tomorrow dancedroid

I just called to order and was told it would not ship until around the 18th and I would not get it until the 20th or so. I wanted to order this morning and expedite shipping if possible to have it by Wed afternoon or Thursday. Were you told by the Verizon folks that it would be shipping tomorrow?? Are there options for overnight?

2020is

Reaction score
OK, I went ahead and ordered via the innerwebs but I have been told by 2 Verizon representatives this morning that it will not ship immediately. I will be a little upset if I am waiting beyond the 18th for this phone to arrive!!

blueeyezintexas

Reaction score
OK, I went ahead and ordered via the innerwebs but I have been told by 2 Verizon representatives this morning that it will not ship immediately. I will be a little upset if I am waiting beyond the 18th for this phone to arrive!!
HI...I was online at midnight. I signed in and selected the line I wanted to upgrade and followed their instructions. On the last page before checkout, (order summary) at the bottom it said, estimated ship date 11-10-2010. Then I hit complete order and the next page was a confirmation page BUT nothing was final everything stated pending upon credit approval. So I copy/pasted the information to a word document and signed off. Then 5 minutes later I got a confirmation email that had an order# (the web receipt had an application #, stated pending) and all the order details. This email confirmed the ship date. It said Ship date: 11-10-2010, signature required for delivery.
While ordering online there wasn't an option to change shipping methods or expedite the order. The only option for shipping was changing the delivery address

blueeyezintexas

Reaction score
HI...I was online at midnight. I signed in and selected the line I wanted to upgrade and followed their instructions. On the last page before checkout, (order summary) at the bottom it said, estimated ship date 11-10-2010. Then I hit complete order and the next page was a confirmation page BUT nothing was final everything stated pending upon credit approval. So I copy/pasted the information to a word document and signed off. Then 5 minutes later I got a confirmation email that had an order# (the web receipt had an application #, stated pending) and all the order details. This email confirmed the ship date. It said Ship date: 11-10-2010, signature required for delivery.
While ordering online there wasn't an option to change shipping methods or expedite the order. The only option for shipping was changing the delivery address
UPDATE: I just spoke with customer service and was told that, Customers who order the Droid Pro during the pre sale launch of Nov. 9 From Midnight to 8PM Eastern, your order will be processed the same day and SHIPPED the following day on Nov. 10..And your ETA is 2 to 3 business days :) FedEx

2020is

Reaction score
My email indicates ship date of 11/10 as well, I might need to call later and see if they will ship it overnight. I am leaving for a trip on Thursday evening and it will drive me nuts if my phone is waiting at my house for a few days!! Thank you for the information and enjoy the Pro!!

jimbo1mcm

Reaction score
Boo Hoo no upgrade

Have a Droid X. I called customer service and tried to get an early( 4months) upgrade for my wife's Blackberry to the Droid Pro. They would not do it. Told me I had to pay full retail, $479. Anyone know a way around this?

Update: Added another line and got the Pro

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who has pre-ordered so far? I just did! woot!

Welcome to the forums.. that should be a great phone.. i will not be purchasing.. i have paid full retail for too many phones will wait for upgrade in JAN or so to decide what my next device is.

Ned

Reaction score
I have my tracking number so those that ordered on the 9th should call VZW to get a tracking number. For some reason you can not view the order through their website.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums App

2020is

Reaction score
Does it show overnight shipping? I tried to call and get it expedited but they were not able to do it.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably not.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Droid Pro. The one that looks like a Blackberry? People are actually pre ordering this?

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't they? RIM is epic failing and this is the best direct competition to date.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App