1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Pre-ordered Droid Pro!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Pro' started by monkizzle, Nov 9, 2010.

1. monkizzle

monkizzle New Member

So who has pre-ordered so far? I just did! woot!
  2. blueeyezintexas

blueeyezintexas New Member

WOOT !! me too...Ships tomorrow dancedroid
  3. 2020is

2020is New Member

I just called to order and was told it would not ship until around the 18th and I would not get it until the 20th or so. I wanted to order this morning and expedite shipping if possible to have it by Wed afternoon or Thursday. Were you told by the Verizon folks that it would be shipping tomorrow?? Are there options for overnight?
  4. 2020is

2020is New Member

OK, I went ahead and ordered via the innerwebs but I have been told by 2 Verizon representatives this morning that it will not ship immediately. I will be a little upset if I am waiting beyond the 18th for this phone to arrive!!
  5. blueeyezintexas

HI...I was online at midnight. I signed in and selected the line I wanted to upgrade and followed their instructions. On the last page before checkout, (order summary) at the bottom it said, estimated ship date 11-10-2010. Then I hit complete order and the next page was a confirmation page BUT nothing was final everything stated pending upon credit approval. So I copy/pasted the information to a word document and signed off. Then 5 minutes later I got a confirmation email that had an order# (the web receipt had an application #, stated pending) and all the order details. This email confirmed the ship date. It said Ship date: 11-10-2010, signature required for delivery.
    While ordering online there wasn't an option to change shipping methods or expedite the order. The only option for shipping was changing the delivery address
  6. blueeyezintexas

UPDATE: I just spoke with customer service and was told that, Customers who order the Droid Pro during the pre sale launch of Nov. 9 From Midnight to 8PM Eastern, your order will be processed the same day and SHIPPED the following day on Nov. 10..And your ETA is 2 to 3 business days :) FedEx
  7. 2020is

2020is New Member

My email indicates ship date of 11/10 as well, I might need to call later and see if they will ship it overnight. I am leaving for a trip on Thursday evening and it will drive me nuts if my phone is waiting at my house for a few days!! Thank you for the information and enjoy the Pro!!
  8. jimbo1mcm

jimbo1mcm New Member

Boo Hoo no upgrade

Have a Droid X. I called customer service and tried to get an early( 4months) upgrade for my wife's Blackberry to the Droid Pro. They would not do it. Told me I had to pay full retail, $479. Anyone know a way around this?

Update: Added another line and got the Pro
  9. justin82

justin82 Super Moderator Premium Member

Welcome to the forums.. that should be a great phone.. i will not be purchasing.. i have paid full retail for too many phones will wait for upgrade in JAN or so to decide what my next device is.
  10. Ned

Ned New Member

I have my tracking number so those that ordered on the 9th should call VZW to get a tracking number. For some reason you can not view the order through their website.

Sent from my Droid 1 using DroidForums App
  11. 2020is

2020is New Member

Does it show overnight shipping? I tried to call and get it expedited but they were not able to do it.
  12. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

Can I order the Droid Pro tonight & have it by Friday?
  13. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Probably not.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  14. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Droid Pro. The one that looks like a Blackberry? People are actually pre ordering this?
  15. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Why wouldn't they? RIM is epic failing and this is the best direct competition to date.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  16. mtavenger55

mtavenger55 New Member

Yes that was the objective, target Blackberry users lol.
  17. blueeyezintexas

Thanks for your tip. I was having the same problem seeing my order on my account. I called and as soon as it answered it prompted me to take down the tracking number without having to hold and speak to an agent. It will be here Friday. I called fedex and had the package held at my local depot. I have an appointment on Friday during delivery hours to my home so I will be picking it up...Thanks again
  18. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

I ordered mine over the phone and it will be here tomorrow! Awwwww YEAH!

[​IMG]
  19. Sebastian

Sebastian New Member

All I did was say that my new company doesn't use the same push exchange for mail that is compatible with my current phone (which was the Incredible that I got in April). And yes, I knew this was BS.

Renewed my contract and pow... new phone on the way.
  20. ravenhawk

ravenhawk New Member

I don't get it... I ordered mine before midnight on Monday (11/08/10) night, a few minutes before it should've gone on sale.
    I received an order confirmation email.
    Then Tuesday (11/09/10) I received an email saying that due to high demand my order was delayed but was expected to ship no later than Wednesday (11/11/10).
    I called up Verizon yesterday and they told me it was all misprints and typos and no Droid Pros are shipping now, nothing you can do about it, they won't ship until the 18th. I spent about an hour on the phone with them, but they kept telling me the same thing.
    So how is it that some people are showing shipping on theirs? Especially where they ordered them after I ordered mine?
    Has anyone gotten theirs?