Pre-Order Your Google/Asus Nexus 7 Tablet Today on Google Play Store for $199.99!

roblox84

Reaction score
Do any of you think that this tablet will ship sooner then 2-3 weeks? I'm really hoping they just put the longest ETA possible so people won't get pissed, but i'm leaving for vacation in 3 weeks and am really hoping it ships sooner.

npro1464

Reaction score
I like it. Everyone needs to take a chill pill. If you want a superty-duper Android tablet with expandable storage, their are plenty others out there. This isn't meant to be a show-stopper or an "iPad-killer" (I really hate that term). This one is meant to go after Kindle Fire, and I hope they're able to beat Amazon at their own game. I also dig the new more phone-like layout of Jelly-Bean. It looks refreshing- reminds me of the Touchpad or iPad. I think Google tried too hard to make ICS and Honeycomb look unique and this layout is more simple and makes more sense. I also like that Google is making Nexus a brand, kind of like what Toyota did with the Prius recently. Critics are always slamming Android for it's "Fragmentation," maybe making a family of devices that are engineered together will cut that rep Android has and make it's brand more unified. Knowing that Google is planning to release multiple Nexus devices this fall, this I/O has me rethinking my pre-order of the GS3.

If I had $200 to burn and was tabletless, I'd definitely pick one up. But since my iPad 2 fully fits my needs, I don't see any reason to get another one. But I'm going to recommend this (barring terrible reviews/defects) to anyone in the market for one.

Escobar

Reaction score
Preordered 8gb and the case. I figure I'll only really be putting apps on it. All my music is in Google Play and I'm not going to be taking photos with the front shooter. I don't download any movies or things like that anyway. I cannot wait any longer for this. Been patiently waiting since the rumors started. Mid July can't come fast enough.

nikecar

Reaction score
Soemone said you don't get charged til it ships. If that's teh case I think I'll order it. I want the 16GB, but I will mostly be using it at home on wifi so I could use the cloud for music and get the 8GB.

having the cheap price, quad core.. i could deal with that. I don't need a rear camera. I seen too many iPad users walk around snapping pics with theirs. Saw someone on a cruise get off the boat using the iPad as a camera in port. That was idiotic.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
ordering through Google play doesn't work for me for some reason

edit: didn't work on phone. ordered successfully on laptop.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
I bet the usb port is charging only how can you add an external hard drive?

IIRC the GNex didnt have USB Host out of the box, but all it took was a custom kernel and it had it...im thinking they do the same with the Nex7

Soemone said you don't get charged til it ships. If that's teh case I think I'll order it. I want the 16GB, but I will mostly be using it at home on wifi so I could use the cloud for music and get the 8GB.

having the cheap price, quad core.. i could deal with that. I don't need a rear camera. I seen too many iPad users walk around snapping pics with theirs. Saw someone on a cruise get off the boat using the iPad as a camera in port. That was idiotic.

I got charged, even though it says it wont charge you till it does. Oh well, if your buyin a tablet its not cuz you have to wait for your next paycheck.
I agree with everything you said too

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
I got charged already. maybe it means mine shipped haha (it didnt though)

Nexus%25207%2520paid.jpg

busab

Reaction score
I like it but I'm going to hold off. It really can't do anything my rooted KF running ICS can't already do minus the front facing camera of course. There's Jellybean but I'm sure a JB ROM will be available for my kindle fire soon enough. :)

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If they would have put 2GB of RAM I would be whipping out the credit card right now, with only 1GB I think I might have to wait to see what the next two quarters will bring.

nikecar

Reaction score
I know Acer is supposed to come out with something similar.

mikeinctown

Reaction score
A couple questions for you guys...

Having WiFi only, how would the GPS even work? I would love to be able to take this for walk, hiking, etc and be able to listen to music and or watch TV or even map my hikes, but it seems almost worthless to me. I'd love to have it as a book/magazine reader, and would love to have it at home to be able to watch Netflix or Hulu when the kids are watching TV, but beyond that, what is it's usefulness? can you download google maps and use it standalone as a navigation device?