Pre-Order Your Google/Asus Nexus 7 Tablet Today on Google Play Store for $199.99!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
google-nexus7-preorder.png

We just wanted to reiterate that you can now purchase the Asus-made Google Nexus 7 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean tablet on the Google Play Store right now! The 8GB version is just $199.99, and the 16GB version is just $249.99. If you order one right away, they have a limited time only offer that gives you a $25 credit to spend on Google Play, as well as some great free content, including your own copy of Transformers: Dark of the Moon. Here's a link below to the Play Store to grab yours!

If you pre-ordered the Nexus7 today, let us know what model you decided to go with here: Nexus7 - 8GB or 16GB??

Source: Google Play Store - Asus/Google Nexus 7 Tablet and Nexus 7 Website

TatDroid

Reaction score
Looks pretty sweet. Quad core CPU. 12 core GPU. Jellybean. Awesome price. What's not to like!?

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
so tempting.. i think i may want to wait..

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I wasn't able to resist lol. Very excited for it.

Sent From the Land Before Time...
Tapatalk 2__G-NEX

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
wish i could just bought 3 tablets this year .. need to wait for a bit ..

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Be sure to visit our sister site dedicated to the Nexus 7 at - Nexus Tablet Forum :icon_ banana:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Just pre-ordered a 16Gb model.

quaffapint

Reaction score
No SD slot - charging tax/shipping - some bummers here. Will see what KF2 brings to the table.

DrakeMK3

Reaction score
Yeah, there is no sd card slot. :( I'll still probably get one for the wife though.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I was kicking my self for just grabbing a Acer 100 at the awesome price of $169. But with no SD, and as far as I can tell no HDMI, and no rear facing camera. I am patting myself on the back

GuiltyBreak

Reaction score
no SD slot is the deal breaker for me, I don't want to be forced to use cloud service if I fill up internal memory. Guess ill be keeping my xoom wifi around longer.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
ordered mine the minute i could. I got the 8GB and the case (i didnt want to wait for cheap cases to show up on amazon, ill just have the peace of mind of the google case)

reasons against 16gb:
I'm a broke college kid (obviously not broke if im throwing money away on a tablet, but you get what i mean. the $50 difference is a lot of alcohol)
I have over 16gb of music alone, so if i cant get it all on there, why only put half? Plus, music is on my phone and streaming.
You can downsize movies to put on it, itll hold a couple of your favs or newest releases, watch and delete. besides i havent watched a movie on a
mobile device since my iPod Video
If you really wanted to, plug an external HDD in it and badabing! you have the ultimate device for a long plane/car ride.
Ill definitely have this tethered to my phone all the time, which means ill always have my phone, so i can use that for holding larger files.
GTA3 is a 400mb game, you can put a couple of those large games on the device and be good.

AND! It's a freaking NEXUS TABLET!!
you can tell im excited.

nikecar

Reaction score
AuxiliaryPie said:
ordered mine the minute i could. I got the 8GB and the case (i didnt want to wait for cheap cases to show up on amazon, ill just have the peace of mind of the google case)

reasons against 16gb:
I'm a broke college kid (obviously not broke if im throwing money away on a tablet, but you get what i mean. the $50 difference is a lot of alcohol)
I have over 16gb of music alone, so if i cant get it all on there, why only put half? Plus, music is on my phone and streaming.
You can downsize movies to put on it, itll hold a couple of your favs or newest releases, watch and delete. besides i havent watched a movie on a
mobile device since my iPod Video
If you really wanted to, plug an external HDD in it and badabing! you have the ultimate device for a long plane/car ride.
Ill definitely have this tethered to my phone all the time, which means ill always have my phone, so i can use that for holding larger files.
GTA3 is a 400mb game, you can put a couple of those large games on the device and be good.

AND! It's a freaking NEXUS TABLET!!
you can tell im excited.

I bet the usb port is charging only how can you add an external hard drive?