Pre-installed applications

Twist0fate

Reaction score
Just wondering like other droids if there is a way to remove the pre installed applications?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wondering like other droids if there is a way to remove the pre installed applications?

If you can't delete them from your applications menu, then you are stuck with them until someone figures out how to root the X.

mike919

Reaction score
i never really did understand the need for people to remove system apps... i mean i completely understand its all personal preference... but its not like the X is hurting for memory... and you really can't stand looking at it in the app drawer that much?

again i understand personal preference just as much as the next... but lets get this bootloader cracked before we start worrying about removing system apps :)

oh to answer your question, +1 to hook!

Legacy23

Reaction score
i never really did understand the need for people to remove system apps... i mean i completely understand its all personal preference... but its not like the X is hurting for memory... and you really can't stand looking at it in the app drawer that much?

again i understand personal preference just as much as the next... but lets get this bootloader cracked before we start worrying about removing system apps :)

I for one can't wait for root to be obtained so I can get rid of the pre-loaded apps...it's not because the phone doesn't have enough memory to run them in the background, it's because it's not necessary to use memory and battery for an app I don't want on my phone.

biggestmexi

Reaction score

there are way to many apps running at once.

ok Just counted. There was 42 apps running with 10 of them being widgets. that bogged it down to 60.88MB free.

I closed all this stupid stuff from MOTO, and got up to 190+MB free.

There is MOTO MEGAMAID. WTF IS THAT!!??!!​

Last edited by a moderator:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

there are way to many apps running at once.

ok Just counted. There was 42 apps running with 10 of them being widgets. that bogged it down to 60.88MB free.

I closed all this stupid stuff from MOTO, and got up to 190+MB free.

There is MOTO MEGAMAID. WTF IS THAT!!??!!​

What it is is you are worried about apps running in the background and you don't need to be. And please watch your language, even if the censor catches it we all know what you're saying. Try to find other adjectives please. Keep it family friendly.

biggestmexi

Reaction score
What it is is you are worried about apps running in the background and you don't need to be. And please watch your language, even if the censor catches it we all know what you're saying. Try to find other adjectives please. Keep it family friendly.

There is apps that are running that just dont need to be running. having over 100MB being used is obviously using more battery on the phone than need be. When I open Task Panel on the droid there is half the amount of services running at any given time.

floyd said:
totally agree with Hook. Only a spoiled (and foul-mouthed) brat would disrespect the time and effort that went into coding and debugging the apps that moto an vzn have created to optimize your smartphone experience. It's not like you actually own your system memory.
You have some nerve, pal. Ungrateful punks like you should consider moving to North Korea. Or Yemen, where they only have iPhones, and the AIDS, too.
In addition, your filthy language just ruined our family's Saturday morning tradition of browsing the Droid forums together after church.
Hope you are happy now.

I am pretty sure i do own the phone now. Well until the pay to lease runs out.

Motorola has done nothing to "optimize" this phone over the regular phone. It should have been a regular Google Experience phone to begin with. Not crippled by Motorola thoughts of what people want.

I cant wait until there is a start up-memory manager for the phone.

It will make it soooo much snappier with out all these useless motorola things running.

Sometimes it does lag. It is due to all these memory zapping apps.

Oh, i am ecstatic now btw

Last edited:
OP
T

Twist0fate

Reaction score
I agree, its just personal preference but i just want to clear out the application that i dont use. I know there is plenty of space for almost anything but its still the personalization feeling i am looking for.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This is not a windows machine. Those apps are loaded in memory waiting to be used. They are not "running". Loaded in memory on android does not equal running in the windows sense of the word. They are not using the battery. Android will remove them from memory if it needs to in order to do something you ask it to do. The memory manager in Android will handle the situation without your interference.

zero7404

Reaction score
looks like motorola has gone the way of hp .... including bloatware, money exhanging corporate hands, then to top it all off they have the nerve to keep the fone's price where it is so they can make even more money ....

dont you just love the world ?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
looks like motorola has gone the way of hp .... including bloatware, money exhanging corporate hands, then to top it all off they have the nerve to keep the fone's price where it is so they can make even more money ....

Yes I do love it. I do everything I can to maximize (legally) my income. Why shouldn't they. I bet their stockholders would not be too happy if they did not.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

zero7404

Reaction score

Yes I do love it. I do everything I can to maximize (legally) my income. Why shouldn't they. I bet their stockholders would not be too happy if they did not.

cant stand the likes of the 'investor' type, personally. i have issues with those that make captialism a way of life, they tend to spit on people just because they 'legally' can. and legal doesnt make something morally or ethically correct.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

cant stand the likes of the 'investor' type, personally. i have issues with those that make captialism a way of life, they tend to spit on people just because they 'legally' can. and legal doesnt make something morally or ethically correct.

Great generalization. Are you 12?

And don't knock spitting on the little people until you've tried it. Us "investor" type get extra bonus dividends for spitting. :)