Powering phone off/on?

Godly 1

Reaction score
I was just wondering... Mainly to those of you with a Dinc, but all Droids I guess...
How often, if at all, do you turn your phone off? Like, off off, with the power button. And then back on?
I come from a Storm 2, where I was instructed by the VZW Rep to do a battery pull while on, once a week or so... But now with my Kick*ss Dinc, I have only powered it down maybe 6 times since getting it about a month or so ago... First to put the Seidio 3500 in, (AMAZING!) Then a handful of morning "Bump Charges" until I read a post backed by a solid article, NOT to Bump Charge! (and really with the 3500, there is no need to anyways! ... I was just being greedy...)
But now it has been days and days of just plugging it in by the bed at night, (on) and unplugging it and going about my day until it is bed time again, and even though it is still easily around 40%, just plugging it back in again, (still on)...
Is this fine for Droids? Recommended? The little guy is the Sweetest phone I have ever owned, and I just wanted some advice on treating it right!
Thanks!

Pineapple95

Reaction score
I don't know the official answer, but I treat my phone like a computer and power it off/on every couple of days to give the o/s a clean slate.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You don't "need" to power it off. Only time I do is when I flash a ROM. But rebooting does wipe cache so its not a bad idea.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Hmmm... Ok. So next little followup question.
Which is better, if there is a difference, powering off with the shoulder button? Or pulling the battery while the phone is still on?
30 seconds off enough? Longer?
Thanks for your answers!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
No need for battery pulls. Just power off like normal. 30sec should be more than enough.

Sent from somewhere...

smtom

Reaction score
Opinions vary, obviously. I reboot a couple times a week.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I don't power it off at all. Doesn't need to be restarted for a "clean slate" either.

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
It doesn't? Could you explain how you go about "clearing" it without powering it down?

Pixiefrogw

Reaction score
I reboot mine if I start having any force closings and after uninstalling an app. Otherwise mine is always on.

OP
G

Godly 1

Reaction score
Oh! That brings up a good one! Is it a good idea to reboot after un installing an app?