PowerAmp, the New King of Music Players

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I downloaded this from DroidLife earlier, it's hard to believe it's Beta. Can't wait for an official release. This will likely replace DoubleTwist.

Did anyone else see a 2 weeks warning?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I downloaded this from DroidLife earlier, it's hard to believe it's Beta. Can't wait for an official release. This will likely replace DoubleTwist.

Did anyone else see a 2 weeks warning?

Yes - I am hoping the app will be in the market by then...or I will have to go back and download another .apk that didn't have the "expire" notification - but it was also not the full verison....

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
the DL link was to an earlier one, the megaupload one is the one with album art, you'll know you have that one because when started for the first time it will tell you about the beta, and you have album art controls in settings, and ... the link to buy is in settings as well.

This is nice, watch your amp settings, there were a few reports that some blew out their speakers ! :)

pagosajoe

Reaction score
the DL link was to an earlier one, the megaupload one is the one with album art, you'll know you have that one because when started for the first time it will tell you about the beta, and you have album art controls in settings, and ... the link to buy is in settings as well.

This is nice, watch your amp settings, there were a few reports that some blew out their speakers ! :)

Thanks for the tip - found it - excellent! And, it's LOUD! :happy:

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
with the amp settings... does this actually increase the max volume.... specifically when using headphones/earbuds?

I'm loving the WinAmp beta version but would consider giving this a run if it does increase the actual volume.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with the amp settings... does this actually increase the max volume.... specifically when using headphones/earbuds?

I'm loving the WinAmp beta version but would consider giving this a run if it does increase the actual volume.

I think so but lemme check. Grabbing my headphones.

Edit: ya it does but it seems to change the bass as it gets louder. Could just be my imagination though.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks!... but it's just me being truly lazy... it's pathetic to think I was too lazy to install an apk and try it myself! lol

I downloaded and gonna give it a run myself :)

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For sure man. Laziness makes the world go round lol

Don't know if you noticed my edit but ya it gets louder.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13

Thanks!... but it's just me being truly lazy... it's pathetic to think I was too lazy to install an apk and try it myself! lol

I think you will like the widget for it Martin...I know you had mentioned on the X forums that that was one of the things about WinAmp ya would have liked to see different...this player rocks!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
For sure man. Laziness makes the world go round lol

Don't know if you noticed my edit but ya it gets louder.

Thanks again.

I think you will like the widget for it Martin...I know you had mentioned on the X forums that that was one of the things about WinAmp ya would have liked to see different...this player rocks!
Yea although I have gotten used to the 4 x 2 widget, but I prefer a 4 x 1..

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yea although I have gotten used to the 4 x 2 widget, but I prefer a 4 x 1..[/QUOTE]

This one has a 4x1

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Gave it a run... good looking app... but I have a gripe....

stock media player and winamp both allow for the library to be listed in Artist order, and upon selecting any artist they then list all albums from that artist.... PowerAmp lumps all the songs from each album under that artist into on long list. :(

work around that I found it to set sorting to parent/child directories and then selecting "albums" in the library, then it lists albums by artist (artist is in alphabetical so you get all of AAA's albums then BBB's etc.)