PowerA MOGA Game-Controller for Android Phones Coming Oct 21 for $50 Bucks

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

[​IMG]

If you've been dreaming of being able to do some serious gaming on your Android phone, but have problems with the touch-screen controls in some games, then your eyes might perk up at this. At the beginning of the summer we got wind of a bluetooth game controller that was purpose-built to dock your Android device and allow you to play games with a typical console-style controller. It was called the MOGA from a company named PowerA. We haven't heard much since that time, until now.

The company just officially announced that the device will hit retail store shelves on October 21st, at a pretty affordable $50 dollar price point.

As far as compatibility goes, the company developed a companion app that helps you determine which games will support the device. PowerA also shared that they are in partnership talks with some of the big names in gaming, like "Gameloft, Atari, Namco Bandai, Sega, Remedy Entertainment, and more." Additionally, they said that several developers have "committed to developing games that will work with MOGA."

It's interesting to note that the controller is compatibile with tablets too, it simply won't clamp on to them like with phones. Here's their full press release,

Source: PowerA.com/MOGA
  2. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

Not sure that I like the way the Analog sticks are offset like that. Seems like it would be awkward.
  3. akhenax

akhenax Well-Known Member

fitty? Hmmm. Maybe 29.99 I'd be game. Maybe I'll wait till the price goes down. Nice that it will be compatible with tablets too. I guess the phone docking clamp comes down over the middle when used with tablets. Very nice.
  4. kparks510

kparks510 New Member

This could long term bring us better gaming on our droids. Perhaps a xbox or playstation style controller that connects via wireless or controller to micro usb could be in the future as well
  5. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

the screens are getting bigger, but I don't think they're big enough for a separate controller. Now for the Google Glass thing, that would be pretty freaking trick
  6. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

for the folks that bought the Xperia Play, $50 is a great value IMO
  7. dfxmadness

dfxmadness New Member

I would rather have a way to use my ps3 controller!
  8. kparks510

kparks510 New Member

Eh... I got a 10 inch screen I play on in my truck. I don't see how it would be much different.
  9. MissionImprobable

MissionImprobable Well-Known Member

That already exists. :happy3:
  10. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

there's a couple things about that though. You can't use a detached controller and hold up a tab/phone at the same time. And I was thinking of phones <5" screens, not a tablet as I'm now assuming is what you were talking about
  11. kparks510

kparks510 New Member

Yes you do have a point there. As I myself more pictured this for a tablet and likely using my stand. But I see you point with the phones... doesn't seem practical at all when it comes to phones
  12. Anomander

Anomander New Member

Just got this today from amazon for $25. I have played Aliens vs Predator on it and I love it. Works pretty good with my Galaxy S4 and Silicone case fits snug.
Search tags for this page

android gaming controller

droid bionic moga

moga controller for droid bionic

moga pivot