Power Up/Down Tone

107driver

Reaction score
Is there any way to change the terrifying noise my Droid makes when powering up or down?

Cheers,
_mh

mdhuber25

Reaction score
im new too but i think i can handle this one:

all you should have to do is change the "default notification" ringtone.
menu button>settings>sound & display>notification ringtone

jameyhowell73

Reaction score
some kind of ringtone now when power up/down

I'm fairly new with my droid as well. I never noticed before as far as the power up and down ring tone. This tone on my droid I can't seem to find in my sounds. It kinda sounds like a matrix phone but not even close to as cool as that. I don't want any kind of tone when powering on or off my droid.

Anyone else have this issue ? How to fix ?

James

CheeseMcGee

Reaction score
You can change your startup/shutdown sound. Whichever sound you have set as your default notification will play on startup or shutdown. You can change it to any of the stock notifications and that will work, but if you choose a sound on your SD card, you won't hear the sound on startup. The boot sound is played during the mounting of your SD card, which is why it can't play that sound.

If you want to use a non-stock sound as your default notification, it requires root access and a program like Root Explorer.

I don't feel comfortable posting it here, but if you PM me I will send you the instructions.

jameyhowell73

Reaction score
Hey CheeeEEeeEeese, ;)

Thanks for trying to help. I found that it was that dumb sd card notification that was making the short ringing. After removing the check mark there it ceased, ahhhh. I'm not sure how it got checked in the first place, must of been during reboot(reset) of my phone or something because that ring was never there before.

Thanks again, this forum rocks.

Sascol

Reaction score
I have one of the tones that came pre-loaded on my Droid X as my 'default' notification, yet when I power up or down it does not play. Any idea why?

credemann

Reaction score
Still not working

I also wanted to change the tone of my Droid X when powering off and on. I read about adding a folder in the Media folder on my SD card-did that, i have SD card notifications checked, i also changed the notification ring tone to the one i want and it plays when i plug my phone into my PC but the ring tone i checked in notifications does not play when powering the phone off/on. I even pulled the battery and SD card-still playing a different ring tone than selected. any help:icon_eek:

I now have the correct audio (the one selected in notifications settings) playing for notifications but the stock audio still plays w/SD card is being checked. Any info about where to change the SD card notification?

Not rooted