power problem

wildjokr

Reaction score
This should be good for a few eyebrows raising; Verizon tech had never heard of this so I thought I'd ask here...

My new Motorola Droid 3 doesn't like being shut off. I'll turn it off at night because of my work schedule, (I don't want to wake my wife in the middle of the night) and in the morning, I'll hear alerts if I get a text message or the ringer if I get a call. At some point, during the night, the phone turns itself back on...

I know; but I'm not lying. Monday night, just 5 minutes after I turned it off, while I was still wide awake, it beeped and turned back on. I'm not putting it to sleep, I know I'm turning the power off...

Has anybody heard anything like this happening to anyone else? Verizon is looking into their tech support boards for answers, and I'm keeping an eye (Or ear, as the case may be) on it, but thought I'd ask here as well...

Any help or input anyone can give would be appreciated! Thanks...

OP
W

wildjokr

Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to respond; too many irons in the fire...
This has been happening when I don't have the phone plugged in; I'll turn it off for the night, leave it on the dresser unplugged, and in the morning, it will ring for phone calls or sound my alert tone for text messages, et al...
It hasn't done it the past couple of nights, so I'm wondering if it was a glitch or some sort. I haven't heard anything from Verizon either, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks for asking though!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
and no off the market apps u DL correct? only thing i can think of is factory reset and if it doesnt stop, have vzw replace it. the problem is they need to actually see if anything wrong. and of course the phone will make u look foolish right? Lol, its happened to me. hope everything turns out ok

OP
W

wildjokr

Reaction score
Just a couple of apps, but nothing I ever use with too much frequency.
Either way, it stopped turning itself back on at night, and I've learned it's easier to just mute the phone and turn the sound on in the morning, so it hasn't been doing it. :) Yes, the smarter a phone is, the dumber it makes me look when I try to recreate the problem I'm having with it...haha

Thanks for the response; I'll have to check in more often so I respond a little quicker.