1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

power on/off button taking screen shot photos??

Discussion in 'Samsung Fascinate' started by debscan, Jun 6, 2011.

1. debscan

debscan New Member

I got the Froyo update, and the phone was completely freaking out until I did a factory reset, which helped immensely -- however, ever since then my screen has a tendency to freeze up when I press the power button once to lock it, and then instead of locking, the camera (or something) takes a screen shot and saves it in my gallery, and I can't lock the screen - I just have to wait for it to time out. I never had this issue previous to Froyo - in fact I never knew there was such a thing! How to make it quit, or re-program that button, or whatever!? Help, and thanks in advance!
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. Volones

Volones New Member

Your problem is not the power button, but the back soft-key. In order to take a screenshot, you would hold down the back button and press the power key. The screen is freezing up because the 'back' soft-key is stuck on/pressed. When this is happening, you'll take a screenshot when you press the power key, even if you're not touching the back soft-key at all. The only way I've found to stop is to manually press the back soft-key a few times, which will turn it off, and your phone will be fine. I don't know how to prevent the behavior, as much as I wish I did. I hate taking unexpected screenshots.
  3. debscan

debscan New Member

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
how do i turn off screen capture on samsung galaxy
how do you turn off screen capture
how to turn off screen capture

how to turn off screen capture on samsung fascinate

how to turn off screen capture on samsung galaxy
how to turn off screenshot
i press on power and it takes pictures on iphone