1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Power management

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by bigsmallies, Jan 25, 2010.

1. bigsmallies

bigsmallies New Member

What is the best power management app?
    Thanks
    Tom
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

i wish i could help you but i have no idea.. i'll just keep ya bumped up till someone answers tho :D
  3. odoyle81

odoyle81 New Member

I'd like to hear if anyone has found any alternatives now that locale is $10. I really liked the feature where it would automatically set the screen timeout to never when plugged, as it worked great when I was using it in my car. Also the power management control was great when using a profile where battery < 30% basically turn everything off...
  4. giant25

giant25 New Member

odoyle,
    Check out some of my other posts on "Setting Profiles." It's BETTER than Locale. The lite version is free (unlimited profiles but limited to one rule). The full version is 2.95, unlimited rules. And worth it. People are finally starting to talk about it. Check it out, it does everything you mentioned you wanted, and more.
  5. Dibrom

Dibrom New Member

Try JuiceDefender (or the non free UltimateJuice). It's almost doubled my battery life (and I have it to the most non-conservative setting). It manages your 3G (and wifi) based on how you set it, but unlike locale's on/off switch it still enables your background apps to access 3G. I still get my AIM/work emails/gmail all the time, but at less then a third of the power.

Turned my phone on at 9 this morning and at 10:30 it was at 15% with moderate use. If you're not as heavy as a background 3Ger as I am it'll save even more battery.
  6. odoyle81

odoyle81 New Member

Giant - thanks for the info.. this looks really promising! I'll check it out over the next couple days - looks like it does exactly the same thing as locale :)
Search tags for this page
andoid 4.2.1 power saver
best power saver apps for s4
droid 4 energy saver

droid power saver app

energy saver for droid bionic
motorola droid x power saving
no power management rezound
power management on droid
power saver app droid
where is the power saver for a verizon droid dna phone locat