Power/lock button broken!

tu3218

Reaction score
I went to wake my phone and realize my button is broke :( Its like it was pressed down to far or something. If i press real hard it still works but its like it's not a button. Anyone experience this or any suggestions to fix??

droider4life

Reaction score
I went to wake my phone and realize my button is broke :( Its like it was pressed down to far or something. If i press real hard it still works but its like it's not a button. Anyone experience this or any suggestions to fix??
Mine just started doing this today... did you find a fix for it by chance??

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I'd use the "still under warranty" app. :)

seriously, take it in and get a replacement. I doubt you'll be able to fix it without disassembling the phone and voiding your warranty.

droider4life

Reaction score
I'd use the "still under warranty" app. :)

seriously, take it in and get a replacement. I doubt you'll be able to fix it without disassembling the phone and voiding your warranty.
I figured this was the only response i would get.... oh well...... "warranty app" (Thats Funny!! i lol'd) here i come, i suppose!!

potatoclone1

Reaction score
you said that you sent it in. did you send it to the verizon store or to motorola?

i am having the same problem... :(

tktouch12

Reaction score
i called verizon and they sent me a new one within a couple days because i had the same problem

potatoclone1

Reaction score
i called verizon and they sent me a new one within a couple days because i had the same problem

cool and thank you!
i just called verizon and they said that motorola is closed at the moment. i'm guessing that what verizon does is contact the manufacturer and then settle the issue.

did you send in the phone after you received the replacement, or before?
also, the activation process of the phone works the same way, correct?

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I was concerned about the power key with all the bootanimations that I was tinkering with and really thought that it would be the key to break... but for me it was the volume up key.... I had the extended warranty with VZW and they were supposed to send me a refurbished replacement, but I ended up being sent a brand spankin new one, and they told me to keep the SDCard!!...

Anyways, it's better to call than to go to a store, you'll have a better chance of having it overnighted to you quicker.... well in my experiences it's been the better way to deal with VZW CSRs...