Power issue

Ccdyjer12

Reaction score
My Droid Pro isn't seeming to hold a charge. It died last night and I've had it plugged into my USB port for about 30 mins now. I tried turning it on a little while ago and it was working fine then went black and shut off. No battery warning or shutdown message.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this I'd be extremely grateful.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My Droid Pro isn't seeming to hold a charge. It died last night and I've had it plugged into my USB port for about 30 mins now. I tried turning it on a little while ago and it was working fine then went black and shut off. No battery warning or shutdown message.

Anyone have any ideas on how I could fix this I'd be extremely grateful.
Turn your phone on, if you can, and pull the battery...pull your battery even if you can't turn the phone on. Leave the battery out for at least 1 minute. Replace the battery and recharge to full charge using your wall adapter that came with the phone...not USB. If that doesn't work then the other option left is to do a factory reset...but we'll save that option to last.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
+1^

USB will not charge enough while the phone is on.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

Ccdyjer12

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Phone is back in action, thinking about picking up an extra battery or two for it now. Thing goes through some juice.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Thanks guys. Phone is back in action, thinking about picking up an extra battery or two for it now. Thing goes through some juice.

The OEM extended battery is very highly recommended. It's what should have come standard with the phone. Only adds a hair of thickness and gives it quite a boost over the regular battery.

kjjb0204

Reaction score

Are you checking to see what's using the power? Perhaps a bad app is running constantly? My standard battery life isn't great, but I can get through a work day at least.

google123

Reaction score
+1111111111111111111111 on the OEM extended battery. I average 14+ hours with heavy usage and well over 24 hours with medium-light usage....:D