Power Control Widget?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Some of the reviews I have read talk about a Power Control widget which will allow you to set things like backlight, gps on/off, wifi on/off, etc to save battery power, but I can't seem to find it. I do see one that says Settings. Is that it or I am just a dunce?

OP
L

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I found it. From the Home screen, hit the Menu "button", then hit Add, then Widgets. Not as cool as I thought it would be though.

Stigy

Reaction score
I found it. From the Home screen, hit the Menu "button", then hit Add, then Widgets. Not as cool as I thought it would be though.

Correct its Menu > Add > Widgets > Power Control

I use it all the time.

It saves 3-4 button clicks for most settings.

Trust me -- the more you use it the more you learn to like it.

flaxbourton

Reaction score
Ahh, figured it out. You click and drag it to the slider bar at the bottom which becomes a trash can while u are dragging stuff around.

muddy00

Reaction score
Just dont hit the recycle looking one 2nd from the right, it shuts down all incoming calls , though it was quite tonight.

D

Droidlicous

I was wondering about that widget. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try!!!

Zippster

Reaction score
Even the little fold up "Getting Started" that comes with the phone recommends using one.

Zippster

Reaction score
This looks like it or an equivalent is going to be a MUST have on this bad boy if you like to have all the bells and whistles ( gps etc ) running which is the point of having a bad ass phone like the droid. :hail:

I had mine fully charged and put it on my night stand for bed, got up this morning and it was down to 15%...:icon_eek: So gonna need to shut down the goodies overnight at least.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what each of the 5 items on the power control Widet. In particular the middle one. I figured out the others by turning them on and off but not the middle one

jetnc

Reaction score
I like the fact that the members of this forum aren't harsh and tell the newbs to "go read the faqs" like so many other forums I am on....

although sometimes..... nah...it's alot nicer :)

bmpribyl

Reaction score
question....here is my problem, when i try to add a widget to my home page it cant and says "there is no more room on the home page". What can I do about that?

slammed

Reaction score
question....here is my problem, when i try to add a widget to my home page it cant and says "there is no more room on the home page". What can I do about that?

depending on which widget you are trying to put on, it takes a whole row of free space or more.

eg. if you have the power widget, pandora and facebook widget that is the most you can have on that page.