1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Power Control Widget

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by metiCkOne, May 17, 2010.

1. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    So I've done just about everything I want to (so far anyway) to my own rom. I really want to to know if there is a way to pull the power control widget from one rom and put it in another. I like the color scheme Cyanogenmod has in his roms.
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I believe all you have to do is pull your Settings.apk file from the system and edit some of the PNG files in there. It has a lot of other files, but a bunch of them are for the power widget... Take a look...
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Take the apk from the ROM you like and save it on your PC. Then you can apply it to what ever current ROM you're running.
  4. ashkev843

ashkev843 New Member

Best way to do it is to pull the .apk you like and pull the one that is currently on your rom. Then just go into the res folder of the cyanmod and simply copy and paste the drawable-hdpi folder from cyanmod to yours. Then push the new one onto the phone using adb. This is how I always do it whenever a new version comes out so I keep the look I like with the new updates to the roms. and you don't have to worry about it not working on your rom if it is built off of different code.
  5. metiCkOne

Genius! lol, I'm trying that know, will report back.
  6. metiCkOne

I did what you guys suggested and it worked like a charm. If I have any problems with it, I will repost for others. Thanks for all the help guys.
Search tags for this page

android power control widget

android power scheme icons