1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Power control widget

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by qoncept, Feb 24, 2010.

1. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Any ideas why Google decided to make the power widget have a 2-way toggle for screen brightness? It just doesn't make sense to use a 2-way GUI element to control a 3-way function. It looks like it was functionality hacked in by someone after the fact.
  2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I don't understand your question, i use it for 3 different levels of brightness
  3. qoncept

qoncept New Member

You can set it to auto launch an app, too. It auto launches Pandora, but it doesn't always work right.
  4. giant25

giant25 New Member

You can set it to launch an app, how? And mine has 3 levels of brightness, too. Are we talking about the same thing? That 4x1 widget with 5 toggles on it, that turn green at the bottom when you toggle one on...
  5. qoncept

qoncept New Member

Wow, I just totallly mixed this thread up with another one.

What I mean is, the power control widget is a 2-way indicator. It tells you if something is on or off. The brightness control is 3-way, dim, mid, bright. Why didn't they make the widget indicate 3 different settings to mirror what it's actually doing? In the bright sun, I can't tell if it's at mid or bright.