Power Button

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by angelbabii25, Dec 31, 2011.

1. angelbabii25

angelbabii25 New Member

so my OG droid is literally on its last leg. Now it decided to conch out and the power button is not working. its worn down and is stuck. My warranty expired in July. Is there anything I can do to save my OG droid till my upgrade in march? Please let me know!
    Thanks!
  2. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

Oh man the infamous power button issue. I've had 3 droids do the same exact thing -_- lucky I pay the warranty thing each month so they replace it. Well if you are rooted I know that most CM7 roms have the volume rocker wake so that you can use that too wake it. Also in the droid hacking section in simply stunning there is a topic about this, they were talking about remapping buttons. but good luck I hope you can fix this annoying issue
  3. angelbabii25

angelbabii25 New Member

lol thanks, I've had 6 droids, but none had this problem, I was so sad lol. I went to verizon to see if they could fix the button, but they said it was so worn out and really dug in there; that they couldn't do anything :( However, I switched over to the Droid Pro yesterday afternoon. I'm just worried that the power button on this on will deteriorate also. hopefully not.
  4. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

I really hate the power button issue, i'm afraid my current droid is about to experience this issue.again. But I wish you luck with your droid pro. I don't think it would experience it, I think Motorola has addressed it with their newer phones because I remember the reading the X did the same thing.
  5. angelbabii25

angelbabii25 New Member

hey! thank you! yeah, I hope it doesn't happen. However, I did pry the button out with a screwdriver, but it sank back in :frown: The droid pro is alot different than the droid! its nice, but I miss my droid lol.
    Keep me updated about your droid, I'm curious now lol.
  6. Durandgir

Durandgir New Member

No problem! How is the droid pro? i've always wondered if it was good I remember wanting it when it came out because it had a better keyboard. and will do! I really hope it doesn't sink in again it's bad enough 3 of my droids have done it already
  7. angelbabii25

angelbabii25 New Member

the droid pro is ok, still getting used to. Its definitely way different, i love the keyboard, but cannot stand the virtual one its kinda in the way when you want to text because both keyboards come up. The screen is smaller if not the same size. but the amount if memory on here is amazing! Over all, its an alright phone. lol
Search tags for this page
a855 motorola droid verizon power button inoperational
android pro power button stuck

droid pro power button not working

droid pro top button not working

droid x power button stuck

droix on switch worn
motorola droid 2 camera power button
motorola droid power button
power button on droid pro not working
power button stuck on droid x
power button wearing out on motorola razr