Power Button sux revisted

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
A few days ago our thread complaining about how hard it was to get to the power button was killed.

After much personal thought, consulting with the engineers where I work, dozens of prototypes, millions spent in R&D, and some downright nasty arguments about the most efficient way to solve this, we've come to an agreement.

I present to you, my new power button. Never again will I have to worry about finding it, never again will I have to wonder if I've actually hit it. Each press assures me not only that I've found it but also how easy it is to press now.

droid_power_button1.JPG

droid_power_button2.JPG

droid_power_button3.JPG

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
How much do you charge to retrofit our Droids with your mod?

If you're one of the first 5,000,000,000,000,001 callers, it's only $49.99 and we'll include an extra "That was easy" Droid power button for free! But wait... we're not done. If you pay a small shipping and handling charge of $4,287 we'll throw in a tube of Krazy Glue absolutely free!

Don't wait... these are selling out as fast as I can steal them from Staples and soon there won't be any left!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
LOL!

Awesome solution. I only see one problem with it...still sort of a reach

LastBoyScout

Reaction score
ummm... my current case, multimedia dock, car dock, holster, and any door way will not work with this button.

You ever thought of making it very slim and small and then making it almost flush on the top of the phone? oh wait... it currently is.

yeah, i wish the button was raised a little higher, or had a braille type raised dot or two on it.

at least its hard to accidentally turn on.... or sometimes intentionally too

RLJSlick

Reaction score
I'll send you my phone in the mail, I want a Green one just like that!:icon_ banana:

cc16177

Reaction score
I have something similar on my phone but the problem is that sometimes when driving I press the button but can't tell if it actually worked or not so I end up pressing it again (shutting off the screen).

If I sent my phone to you is there any way you could modify it so whenever I press the button it gives me a good shock ... maybe 5000 watts? I'm no electrician but I need something ALMOST strong enough to kill me but just not quite... so I figured 5000 watts would do.

OP
atomicwedgie

atomicwedgie

Reaction score
@Lastboyscout - send us your accessories as we've just acquired a circular saw that we're eager to try out for just such mods.

@Rljslick - Sorry but we charge extra to spray the button green. We're out of our normal "Rotten Avocado" green and currently only have Guacamole Green in stock. However we charge extra extra for that because the chunks keep clogging up the nozzle.

@Tak - :heart:

@cc - I understand your plight. However we just lost our electrical engineer to some sort of Mayan tribe ritual but we came up with an alternative that should work. A nail welded to a rat trap spring that will harpoon your finger each time a button is pressed. This will surely offer you the confirmation you desire and won't impede your driving ability by rendering you unconscious like the shock would.