POWER button quit working, now what

madspeed

Reaction score
My power button just quit working on my Droid. It wont work to turn off or wake up. The camera button makes the phone wake up though? WTF?? Running BB froyo 2.2. Heard some ROMs have a setting in spare parts that allows programming of the power button, bu not in mine.... HELP!!

ChugIt

Reaction score
I don't really know how to solve your problem but if you can still get it on somehow, then I suggest just unroot and take it in. A faulty power button is covered in your warranty (I'm sure you know that though). What I'm saying is either way try not to get all stressed out because worst case you get a replacement.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
So, after it wakes up using the power button can you access your apps? If so, are you using ROM Manager? If you are couldn't you use RM to reboot into recovery, wipe and then restore a different backup you have saved?
Just a suggestion - I am new to the world of rooting. Hope it all works out for you!

OP
madspeed

madspeed

Reaction score
clarification.... I can wake it ip using the camera button for some reason, all apps and everything works fine other than the power button will not power down ot wake up

snowboarding1236

Reaction score
I don't really know how to solve your problem but if you can still get it on somehow, then I suggest just unroot and take it in. A faulty power button is covered in your warranty (I'm sure you know that though). What I'm saying is either way try not to get all stressed out because worst case you get a replacement.

It is. Thank the lord bc i dropped mine like two days ago on my garage floor and the battery and the door to it came out. So i pop everything back in and the power button didn't work. So i managed to get it on but i didn't call VZ bc i needed to do a SBF restore.