power button on droid2

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2' started by vrsca1, Dec 18, 2010.

1. vrsca1

vrsca1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I recently bought a droid2 love the phone but a couple of times now the phone has not responded(turned on) when i push the power button at the top corner.....The power button is the one thing I did not like from the get go,for such a nice phone someone made a poor choice in the design of the cheap feeling button that needs to pressed repeatldly to wake the phone up throughout the day.Has anyone else encountered this.....should I take it back and demand a replacement? I know they will say I broke it somehow someway which I have not,this button in my opinion sucks.

2. UrbanBounca

UrbanBounca Rescue Squad
    Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +240
    I don't have that problem.

3. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +289
    First of all, I just went from the past year with a D1 and got a D2 on Wednesday. To power on the D2, you simply have to press down a bit longer than you did with a D1. Other than getting used to the new power button, there's nothing wrong with your phone. If you feel the need to try to get it exchanged, ask to see the demo D2 at the store, and you'll probably see it's no different than your current one. And, take it from a former VZW employee - never go in a store or call a call center and demand things. It's a good way not to get something.

4. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    It's possible you have a bad button. Demanding a replacement might succeed but would burn a LOT of good will; and you may even get banned from the store if you get too nasty. If you can't get the phone to power on try plugging it in. If plugging it in powers you on and the button is non-responsive after you boot up you have a dud and should get a replacement.

5. mpower

mpower New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If it takes multiple presses to wake the phone I would definitely take it back and they should fix it without hassling you.

sent from my iPhone

Search tags for this page

droid, wheres the power button

droid2 power button

motorola droid 2 buttons