Power button non-responsive

fluidj

Reaction score
Weird problem for the past few days.
I press the power button and it appears to be non-responsive; the screen doesn't come on at all. Sometimes i'll push it and the screen doesn't come on, but when I touch one of the menu buttons they light up. A few times I've pushed the power button and the screen comes on but the image is upside down. Anyone ever experienced these issues?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I press the power button and it appears to be non-responsive; the screen doesn't come on at all. Sometimes i'll push it and the screen doesn't come on, but when I touch one of the menu buttons they light up. A few times I've pushed the power button and the screen comes on but the image is upside down. Anyone ever experienced these issues?

I've got a feeling that what you really should be asking is "what can I do to fix."

I don't have the Fascinate but that's not normal behavior for that phone. Here's what I suggest: First if you are using any task killers or virus protection, remove them. If that's not an issue then try pulling the battery for a full 30 seconds.

If that doesn't resolve your issue then you will need to do a factory data reset, I can't tell you how to do that on your Fascinate. Be aware however if you do this you will lose all data and unpaid apps. Also make sure you've got your contacts backed up in gmail so you can get them when you log back into your phone.

OP
F

fluidj

Reaction score

I've got a feeling that what you really should be asking is "what can I do to fix."

I don't have the Fascinate but that's not normal behavior for that phone. Here's what I suggest: First if you are using any task killers or virus protection, remove them. If that's not an issue then try pulling the battery for a full 30 seconds.

If that doesn't resolve your issue then you will need to do a factory data reset, I can't tell you how to do that on your Fascinate. Be aware however if you do this you will lose all data and unpaid apps. Also make sure you've got your contacts backed up in gmail so you can get them when you log back into your phone.

No task killers of virus protection installed. First thing I did when it first started happening is pull the battery. Still happening. I'll look into the factory reset. Everythings backed up so i'm not too worried bout loosing any data. I forgot to mention that I do have rubber cover on it that covers the power button and volume buttons. The problem occurs both when the cover is on and off, but sometimes when I peel back the cover to touch the power button directly it works more consistently. I may run it without the cover for a few days too.