Power Button Longevity?

battlecanary

Reaction score
Anyone else feeling like the power button is going to be the first thing to break on their Droid?

I'm a very careful/anal user of my electronics (my previous LG flip phone lasted me three years), but I can't help but feel that the power button is already receiving too much extra use. Mine feels wobbly and squishy and I feel like I have to squeeze it extra hard to get it pressed, unlike the easy, solid feeling of pressing the power button on my ipod touch. The button actually rocks back and forth when I move my finger over it.

Could this just be my particular phone or is anyone having a similar experience? I'd like to know if everyone is happy with the power button to figure out if my problem is unique.

Thanks

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Battle it will be fine. Would it have been nice to have the button set with tighter tolerances to cut down on the "wiggle"? Sure...but it will be fine.

J

Johnly

Some guy on another forum said his phone fell down 10 flights of stairs, the battery flew off, the battery fell out.....hit the concrete and on and on. He put in the battery powered up the phone and nothing broke loose. I would bet the battery wears out first....

brianr0131

Reaction score
Some guy on another forum said his phone fell down 10 flights of stairs, the battery flew off, the battery fell out.....hit the concrete and on and on. He put in the battery powered up the phone and nothing broke loose. I would bet the battery wears out first....

Sounds like a game of whisper down the lane

It was probably 10 steps LOL

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb

Droid vs. Tractor....

Droid still worked....

LordKastle

Reaction score
Does anyone know what I am going to have for lunch tomorrow since we are in to psychic business?

Scary thing is...DROID DOES

harlock

Reaction score
Even if that were so, they would come up with another D/Lable fix for it b4 then. Just like the ole Y2K bug. and yeah, the phone feels solid. I say it will last me my 2 yr contract.

cahollow

Reaction score
Win for BattleDroid

I just had to use some warranty replacement action for my Droid because the power button stopped working so good prediction?

Of course the day after that issue started happening my Droid is now stuck in a infinite loop of rebooting...

Cortez

Reaction score
BUMP!

My droid power button went kaput. It still works in the fact that it powers on the phone and what not but there is no resistance left in it and I cannot tell if I am pushing it at all. Did nothing to the phone, meaning haven't dropped it, no water damage etc, just stopped suddenly. I got my droid on the day it was released, so like October? 6 months? Not so good droid, no so good. Either way my droid is amazing software wise and I am going to try and get a replacement because it has a year factory warranty so that should be good! Verizon will probs screw me over, but we will try and I will let you know what happens!

Cortez

Reaction score
Just got back from verizon. No issue getting a new droid (except that they are shipping it to me in two days) so if your power button goes out and it is still in factory warranty they should replace it!

taylor310

Reaction score
BUMP!

My droid power button went kaput. It still works in the fact that it powers on the phone and what not but there is no resistance left in it and I cannot tell if I am pushing it at all. Did nothing to the phone, meaning haven't dropped it, no water damage etc, just stopped suddenly. I got my droid on the day it was released, so like October? 6 months? Not so good droid, no so good. Either way my droid is amazing software wise and I am going to try and get a replacement because it has a year factory warranty so that should be good! Verizon will probs screw me over, but we will try and I will let you know what happens!
I recently had to switch out my phone at verizon and the refurbished phone I received already had this issue! It worked fine at first turning it on and off. Then eventually my phone would reboot and when I would take the battery out, and put it back in it would still take about 3 minutes and then the phone would turn itself back on. Finally it just stopped turning on at all. When I took the phone to verizon they called someone to help them with the phone and the person on the phone said that this is a fairly common problem. :icon_eek:

ryguy5254

Reaction score
My power button just went out, I took a nap, and then by the time I woke up, the power button doesnt work anymore. Lame.

How long is the warranty for this thing?