Power button getting stuck!

senker

Reaction score
Hey is anyone else having a problem with the power button getting stuck down?

What I have been doing is pulling off the back cover a little bit.

I am just wondering if this is my problem alone, or other people are having this problem too.

gtshrimp36

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Sometimes it will stick for a day, other times it will stick for most of the day, and other times it will be fine all day. Any solution yet? I was going to call Verizon on it to see if its a Thunderbolt problem, or if if its just my phone and i can get a replacement...Have you figured anything out about it?

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd get a replacement, I was so close to trying to get a replacement because of mooshy volume buttons but decided it was really minor. But a power button that's stuck should be replaced. IMO

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
I'd get a replacement, I was so close to trying to get a replacement because of mooshy volume buttons but decided it was really minor. But a power button that's stuck should be replaced. IMO

Agreed! I've seen another thread regarding the same thing, so you posters in here aren't alone. I'd definitely take it back because that button is as critical as they get. I also don't like the feel of my volume up button specifically, but it works and I've convinced myself to live with it. There is no question about it, that some of the units with any manufacturer will be defective and it sounds like you got a legitimate issue.

If you really want to drive it home, take the phone in with the power button stuck.

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score

Agreed! I've seen another thread regarding the same thing, so you posters in here aren't alone. I'd definitely take it back because that button is as critical as they get. I also don't like the feel of my volume up button specifically, but it works and I've convinced myself to live with it. There is no question about it, that some of the units with any manufacturer will be defective and it sounds like you got a legitimate issue.

If you really want to drive it home, take the phone in with the power button stuck.

That's the same button I'm having trouble with. My volume down feels perfect but the volume up button feels like its less "springy" and sometimes feels weird when pressing.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
I haven't had issues with the power button getting stuck down but it sure does seem very recessed and easy to press - not nearly as solid feeling as my OG Droid. But I think I can live with it. It reminds me of the old monochrome Gameboy buttons that became really easy to press but lasted forever. I'm hoping it is the same :).

JonKyu

Silver Member
Reaction score
I haven't had issues with the power button getting stuck down but it sure does seem very recessed and easy to press - not nearly as solid feeling as my OG Droid. But I think I can live with it. It reminds me of the old monochrome Gameboy buttons that became really easy to press but lasted forever. I'm hoping it is the same :).

Haha lol I still remember my old gameboy. The only thing that bothers me is that with a tpu case that covers these buttons it becomes exponentially annoying and difficult to press.