Power Button DISABLE

commander data

Reaction score
Hey guys,
First time poster, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I see that similar topics have been bounced around here a few times. I have successfully remapped my power button, but like others, i need the regular power button to not do anything at all. i dont know if thats possible.

My power button is damaged and way too sensitive. As a result, i keep acidently putting the phone to sleep when i txt (placement of my fingers).

Any insights?

a_bug

Reaction score
Me Too -- Hoping a bump will spur an Answer

Hey guys,
First time poster, so please forgive me if this is in the wrong place.

I see that similar topics have been bounced around here a few times. I have successfully remapped my power button, but like others, i need the regular power button to not do anything at all. i dont know if thats possible.

My power button is damaged and way too sensitive. As a result, i keep acidently putting the phone to sleep when i txt (placement of my fingers).

Any insights?

Commander Data;

I too have this problem, where my power kinda works, and as such is too sensitive. While I plan on remapping the power functinality, I was hoping to disable the button like you. Did you ever find an answer and/or does anyone else have any solutions that will actually disable the button. Or can i Just remap it to something that doesn't do anything?

Thoughts/ideas/suggestions?

Thanks;

A (power-mad) bug :icon_evil:

OP
C

commander data

Reaction score
No one ever answered me and i still have the problem.
remapping didnt work out the way i planned.
im hoping a case will cover the button enough so i dont press it.
By the way, my volume buttons are doing it now too. im pretty pissed at this phone.....$200.
also, i cant hear a fzucking thing in calls, which seems to be a common problem. i have to use my bluetooth all the time in order to hear people.