Power button broken..help please?

NUNNYA

Reaction score
Ok I'll start off saying that I accidentally unzipped your zip,should I re zip it?
I backed up using my backup pro and went to backup applications and data.
I've never done a nandroid backup.
I definitely have a stock recovery ( white triangle with yellow explanation point around it )
Thanks again for trying to help

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Ok, do not ry to re-zip the file just in case you make a mistake or accidently modified the contents before you re-zip it. Just go ahead and download it again and then put it on the sdcard of your phone.

Next, the easiest way to get a custom recovery on your phone is to go to market (or play store) and download Rom Manager (free). Once it is installed, go ahead and open it. There will be a box that shows up asking about your device, use the "autodetect" option. It might ask for Superuser permissions right away or it might later. Whenever it does, just make sure the box that says "remember" or "don't ask again" is checked BEFORE you tap the "allow" button. Now the top will say "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery". Tap that. It will download and then flash a CWRecovery on your phone.

Then come the good part. Go to "Install ROM from SD Card" and select it. It will bring up a directory listing. Find the .zip file and select it. A box will pop-up called "ROM Pre-Installation". Make sure "Backup Exixting ROM" is checked, and uncheck the other two. Then select the "OK" button and you should be good to go.

It will boot into recovery, make a nandroid backup and then flash the .zip file, when it's all done it will reboot back into regular Android.

good luck

NUNNYA

Reaction score
Ok Ive had rom manager for awhile now but haven't really used it much.
I understand what your saying but just have one question about the nandroid backup. So when it boots in recovery after flashing the zip will their be an option to make a nandroid backup and just select that? Also this is probably a stupid question but will this change my rom?

NUNNYA

Reaction score
Ok NM, I see what your saying. I will flash it after it boots into recovery after I've made a nandroid backup right?
sorry I always seem to make things more complicated than they need to be lol.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
It will boot into recovery, make a nandroid backup and then flash the .zip file, when it's all done it will reboot back into regular Android.

good luck

The nice thing about using Rom Manager in conjunction with CWRecovery is that you tell rom manager what you want it to do and it does the rest for you. Just follow exactly the instructions I gave you, set your phone down and as I re-quoted part of my post above, it will all be done for you. When it boots into recovery it will already make a nandroid backup first, then flash the zip, then reboot. You do not have to do another thing. You do not have to do anything while it is in recovery. It will do it all for you if you follow the instructions I gave. The only change it will make to your current rom is the one to remap your power key. And just in case, that is why you backup your current rom as I told you in the instructions above, that is what a nandroid backup is, just like setting a restore point on your pc.

good luck

p.s., if you still have problems, send me a pm so we can continue this some other way. I am sick and tired of this site taking five farking minutes to load and/or crashing my browser altogether. As I said, I visit tons of forums sites and this is by far the slowest one of THEM ALL!

NUNNYA

Reaction score
Ok thanks so much for explaining everything in such detail, that's all I needed. Ill let you how it goes and pm you if I need. Thanks again.