Power Button Broke - Want To Remap To Camera Button

alanbk

Reaction score
I have a Rooted Droid1, running very well. The power button is broken, it does not work. I've searched high and low in attempt to find a app to remap the camera button to function as the power button. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks in advance for you assistance.

LT*

Reaction score
I have a Rooted Droid1, running very well. The power button is broken, it does not work. I've searched high and low in attempt to find a app to remap the camera button to function as the power button. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

I don't know of anything that will do that, but In SS 5.2 (not sure other ROMs do this too), there are a couple of options that can bypass this. There is a toggle for the notification strip that will sleep the phone, and you can also set the menu button to wake the phone. I can't remember off hand where that is, but it's in either Chevy's tools or the CM settings.

OP
A

alanbk

Reaction score

I don't know of anything that will do that, but In SS 5.2 (not sure other ROMs do this too), there are a couple of options that can bypass this. There is a toggle for the notification strip that will sleep the phone, and you can also set the menu button to wake the phone. I can't remember off hand where that is, but it's in either Chevy's tools or the CM settings.

LT,

Thanks. I did find a way to do it. I had to edit the /system/usr/keylayout/sholes-keypad.kl to accompish this.

The original lines:
key 116 POWER WAKE
key
211 FOCUS
key
212 CAMERA

Changed them to:
key 116 GRAVE
key
211 POWER WAKE
key
212 POWER WAKE

dancedroid

LT*

Reaction score

LT,

Thanks. I did find a way to do it. I had to edit the /system/usr/keylayout/sholes-keypad.kl to accompish this.

The original lines:
key 116 POWER WAKE
key
211 FOCUS
key
212 CAMERA

Changed them to:
key 116 GRAVE
key
211 POWER WAKE
key
212 POWER WAKE

dancedroid

Great! Thanks for posting that.

shmoo

Reaction score
i think there is actually a user over at xda that created a little app that would let you remap your keys

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

meishkov

Reaction score
Phew. Very convenient for me this was Just posted recently, as my power is super soft and pretty soon its going to be stuck in the on position smashed down. Thanks so much for finding this!!:)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Chances are I will be doing this too - unless the Targa gets an early release...

OP
A

alanbk

Reaction score
This fix is is very querky. I ended up sending the phone back to Motorola who fixed it at no charge. I was without the phone for about a week. This was the lessor of all evils for me.