1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Power button broke, any ideas??

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by dmilota, Jul 31, 2011.

1. dmilota

dmilota New Member

Hello everyone.. I have an OG Droid running LGB 2.4.
    My power button is permanently depressed, it wont work the screen off or on anymore, and I I'm holding out on upgrading currently. I was wondering if there's a way to swith the power button operation with the camera button? ATM I have the volume buttons set to wake the phone, but I'm worried if my phone shuts off I wont be able to turn it back on :*( i think the volume buttons only wake it if its already on...is there any option/setting that will make it so the camera or even volume button will turn the phone on from being off, so I don't have to use the power Button on the top of the phone ? Any help/advice is much appreciated, thanks In advance!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  2. dmilota

dmilota New Member

The volume rocker wakes the screen, but I have no way to make it sleep either :(

3. elderlypunk

elderlypunk New Member

Hi. I have the same problem and besides the "wake on volume rocker" setting, I found two apps that help. The first is "screen off and lock". I mapped that using liquid settings to a long press of the menu key. That way I can lock the screen when I want. The other app is "quick boot". I mapped that to a long press of the search button. That app lets you reboot, hotboot, reboot recovery, or shutdown just like the power button used to. As far as waking the phone from a totally powered off state, all I could think of is to keep a charger handy, so that I can plug it in and boot it up that way. Anyhow, both those apps are free, and they helped me a bunch. It's not a perfect solution, but at least my phone is usable now. Hope it may work for you. :)

4. dmilota

dmilota New Member

That definitely helps. At least now I can turn my screen off and reboot if needed. I'm still sad my power button broke. But like you said now the phone is usable. Thank you!

5. martytoo

martytoo New Member

Button Remapper is the free app that will likely help you the most. You can remap many buttons including the slide out keyboard buttons. The camera button is now one of my power buttons. The left alt key is the other.

A charger or a portable battery that can be plugged into the micro usb power jack is the best way to power up.

The latest recovery has a back choice at the bottom of each menu so that you can get back to the main menu and reboot without using the power button. One other version of recovery had the back button used for this function in addition to the power button.dancedroid
  6. nprez

nprez New Member

+1 on ButtonRemmaper. It's only free if you get it from xda, if you get it from the market it's 0.99, no big deal I guess. I use it to remap my broken volume down button to the camera button.
    Another great app is Widgetsoid. It' free and it allows you to create custom size widgets with varied functions, to include reboot (into any of the modes) and lock screen.
  7. martytoo

martytoo New Member

I liked it so much I forgot about the 99 cents.
  8. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

Any way to get the camera button to act as the power button? I thought there was a way to do this through root explorer.

9. martytoo

martytoo New Member

If you read the help files that come with Button Remapper you can - I think - do the change manually. In some ROMs there is a need to do some manual tweaking so that the program will work. The instructions seem to give enough information to do the remap without the program. I didn't try this because I bought the program and it is doing the Camera Button is now Power Button for me.
  10. jgrubbs

jgrubbs New Member

Same exact thing happened to my og as well. i just added a sleep button to the power widget at the end, only thing if it does shut off, you have to have a charger with you to turn it on (PIA) but it does work. And as for shutting down i just normally use terminal and type reboot and either let it reboot or hold x and go into recovery that way.
  11. czerdrill

czerdrill New Member

12. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom New Member

13. h4ckd

h4ckd New Member

lolz, this is literally the exact same method I use. my power button has been broken for a while now, so this method is boss.
  14. patmw123

patmw123 New Member

We've got a nice chinaman at our local flea market that does wonders for replacing buttons/screens. My sister got her iPhone home key replaced for only $30.
Search tags for this page
android atrix lock button broken

atrix 2 power button not working

attrix lock button broken
how to fix a broken power button on motorola atrix 2
motorola atrix 2 broken power button
motorola atrix 2 lock button broken
motorola atrix 2 power button
motorola atrix 2 power button not turning off

motorola atrix hd power button not working

motorola atrix power button

motorola atrix power button not working