Power Buttom Broken, What Should I Do, need opinions please.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Im running a droid 1 rooted, just yesterday my power/sleep button is broken, I dont know what happened, d1 owners you know how the button is just slightly raised & u can tell when it is pushed, well my is no longer slightly raised, it always sits down low, its lke the spring or whatever is under it broke, it still works but not very well, I have to press it in a very specific location & significantly harder than I used to.

Now my question is what should I do? Im rooted, I have the additional "insurance" plan on the phone, will that still be valid if it is rooted?

Or should I just tell them the phone was lost or stolen, or should I go threw the motions to un root, BUT the problem there is all my "root only" apps will show in the market when I take it in even if I un root....this is my 2nd droid alread & I know the previous one they inspected it & tried to fix that issue in store & the rep noticed the root only apps, I had to say I didnt realize I needed root for those apps & he bought it.

Help a.s.a.p. with your opinions.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't lie, it is simple to unroot and do a factory reset to clear any suggestion of being rooted, as long as you don't sign into your google account they won't see what you have gotten from the Market

The power button is a warranty issue and you should get a replacement free of charge

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Thats what I did on my previous droid that had to go back, unrooted, wiped, factory reset, but the rep had me sign into my google account, he was messing with my phone for 45 min before they replaced it, Im thinking in part to try to determine if it was rooted..

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I
Or should I just tell them the phone was lost or stolen, or should I go threw the motions to un root, BUT the problem there is all my "root only" apps will show in the market when I take it in even if I un root....this is my 2nd droid alread & I know the previous one they inspected it & tried to fix that issue in store & the rep noticed the root only apps, I had to say I didnt realize I needed root for those apps & he bought it.

Help a.s.a.p. with your opinions.

They don't look in your Market downloads. Just unroot it and send it in for replacement. Do it by phone, you don't need to use your insurance just like tp76 said.

You may want to delete the apps until you get your new phone so that they can't see them.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
The last droid he looked threw my market apps & everything...

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
How hard is it to unroot my droid 1, im running ud8 but i dont think makes a difference...lol..

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
The last droid he looked threw my market apps & everything...
If your signed out of your account and have performed a factory reset then this is impossible with out your Google information which you are under no obligation to provide

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
The rep did a hard reset to try to troubleshoot the problem, then asked me to sign into my google account.

OP
hrdnhvy

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
Thanks for the links, its looking like unrooting is the way Im going to go.

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I unrooted and made a new google account in preparation of sending my phone back. Even while unrooted my phone still randomly unlocks and opens stuff and starts typing gibberish. But now when they ask to see my google account I have the dummy one with the "good" apps.