Power Amp Not Working On My Rezound. Does Any One Elses Work?

hatchin

Reaction score
I had Power Amp installed on my Droid X and it worked flawlessly and now I have installed it on my Rezound and the program works but if I have the equilizer on the sound is distorted at any volume level. My music is not distorted with the stock music program or in Power Amp with the eq turned off. I have re-installed it twice and made sure the music on my card is good. Does anyone else have Power Amp installed on their Rezound to try and see if theirs works ok? I e-mailed them to see if there is a patch for it.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
I use Power Amp, it's my favorite player, and I don't have any problems at all.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I use Power Amp, it's my favorite player, and I don't have any problems at all.

Is your phone stock or rooted? I was told by a friend that the Sense on the phone could be the issue but if yours is stock then I will rule that out. I just checked and my Power Amp version is 2.0.1-build-455 under settings, applications, manage applications, then clicking on Power Amp. Is this the version you have?

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Is your phone stock or rooted? I was told by a friend that the Sense on the phone could be the issue but if yours is stock then I will rule that out. I just checked and my Power Amp version is 2.0.1-build-455 under settings, applications, manage applications, then clicking on Power Amp. Is this the version you have?

Mine is bone stock.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Can you check and see what build # yours is so I can see if that is the issue?

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Build # of the phone?

I just checked and my Power Amp version is 2.0.1-build-455 under settings, applications, manage applications, then clicking on Power Amp. Is this the version you have?

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Yes, I have the same version. One thing I should mention is that I have the full, licensed version.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I do also. I tried the program with the trial and the full unlocker at first, then I installed the trial only, then I tried to download just the trial with 3g (I thought the slower download speeds might give me a cleaner copy some how) and it still distorts major when I click the eq button to turn on the eq. I e-mailed them so I will wait to see what they have to say. Thanks for checking.

tskluzak

Reaction score
I also use poweramp full liscence version and have had no issues on my rezound. I also have not rooted mine. It is stock. Also used it all the time with thunderbolt and never had any problems then either.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
I re-installed it using wifi and it all of the sudden works properly so there must have been a glitch in the tower by my house or something. Thanks for all of the help on this, it was driving me up the wall!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Why use Power Amp and not Beats? From what I've read them do about the same thing.
I've use Power Amp and really love the equalizer, so I guess I do understand.

OP
hatchin

hatchin

Reaction score
Power Amp sounds better then the Beats software even with out the eq working but with the eq working now there is no comparison. Power Amp has way cleaner highs and you can control how the bass sounds with the eq and the Beats sounds flat with punchy bass.

nelamvr6

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S6
Also, PowerAmp supports Replay Gain, and the default app does not.

That is a deal breaker for me.