Post your top apps for your Bionic !

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
The other thread got closed because people were posting emails asking for Gmail invites. So NO posting emails on this link.

One other rule. Don't just post a list - post why they are the best.

Here are mine.

BeWeather - Blows away Beautiful Widgets. Has High Definition videos of current weather. Has great forecast, choice of multiple radars, links to weather underground, has a very similar widget as BW but it's just way better overall. This replaces every weather app you have.

K9 Mail - Has been as still in the best mail app for all Android phones. More options than you will ever use.

Handcent - Same as above... except for instant messages.

Business Calender Free - I put the 4x4 widget up on one screen and have it display the month, it actually says what the appointments are on the days. And I set it so if I tap it, it goes to Agenda view which is very useful. Allows you to edit appointments and make new ones very easily. The best I've seen.

Pulse - An RSS news program - it has an AMAZING amount of options for news. Most of the places I use on my computer are in there and it has thumbnails of pictures. Very fast and you can use your browser to read stuff any time you want. I just got it and am still playing with it but so far so good. The widgets are good but they need to make a full screen one.

Boat Browser - I tried all the others first because of the stupid name. It turned out to be the best one so now it's my default. Fast, easy to use and stable.

Words For Friends - I am addicted. Play scrabble against anyone over any time period.

Screebl - Another must. It keeps the phone on when you are holding it and turns it off when it senses you put it down. For some reason the battery sensor thinks it's using 97% of the battery but I think it's a bug in the battery application since it shows how much time it was used but not how much battery.

The Moto Blur Contact Widget - It comes with it, you can put your 4 favorites with pics at the top and pull down a list. I would have paid for it.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Sad it got closed instead of just deleting those posts. I genuinely want to share my Google Music invites because it's such an awesome service. Shame...is it legal to lightly suggest I may or may not be able to get your e-mail address via PM and I may or may not be able to send a Google Music invite? Just sayin...

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
.is it legal to lightly suggest I may or may not be able to get your e-mail address via PM and I may or may not be able to send a Google Music invite? Just sayin...

If anyone wants an invitation, a pm would be the best way. Making a post asking for one is not on topic here and will be deleted.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Al Neri

Reaction score
Definitely agree with handcent. It is by far the best messenger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

stevo95

Reaction score
Maps - such an awesome navigation program and one reason I could never switch to iPhone. I love being able to login to google maps and create my trip with a number of locations on it adn when I pull up maps, they are listed under my maps

Fat Secret - helped me lose a lot of weight by tracking what I eat. Very flexible and allows you to use the scanner as well

Google voice - love the unified messaging integration and the capability to have different VM messages for different people.It's great to not have to dial a number to pick up VMs

Shazam - useful to tag songs you hear on the radio which you cant place

Stocks - basic app to keep track of my stocks

Beautiful Widgets - nice weather and widgets app

Dropbox - best file sharing app I have come across.

Go Launcher Ex - nice home replacement app

MyLock - bypasses the need to swipe to access the phone

Remote Wave - play .wav files, quite useful if you get vonage voicemails in your email

Shop Savvy - useful scanning app when buying stuff to see if you are getting a good deal

Viber - free phone calls

Wheres my droid - find your droid if misplaced

Touchdown - better than the stock emaila pp. Works way better on my bionic than on the OG droid

Tripit - nice way to manage my travel, all of my info is stored in tripit

Ultrachron lite - good stopwatch app

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find that the stock launcher is pretty awesome. I'm glad I don't feel the need to replace it.

Google Voice I agree - Awesome. Translates it and allows you to play the message - I usually use the speaker.

WyldRyce

Reaction score
ADW Launcher Ex - My choice of home replacement. Customizable to make your Bionic your own.

WidgetLocker - Customize your lockscreen with widgets or shortcuts to suit your liking.

PlayerPro - Best music player IMO. Interface is clean and simple.

Minimalistic Text - My favorite home widget. Extremely customizable to display information on your home screen.

DeskSMS - Allows you to forward all your texts to your GMail or Google Talk account and it also allows you to reply to your texts too! I use it to forward my texts to my iPad so I can text from my iPad. :happy:

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
I see a lot of people using handcent for texting, I've always used chomps. What am I missing?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Never tried chomps. Been using handcent for years. What's good about chomps?

Jeeper8889

Reaction score
Never tried chomps. Been using handcent for years. What's good about chomps?

Its got a lot of customization and crap like that, I'm sure its the same thing as handcent but I always see people praising handcent over chomps and haven't heard why. I tried handcent way back when droid 1 came out and it was super buggy so I switched to chomps, but its been a few years so I'm guessing handcent is much better but Ive always used chomps.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Handcent no bugs at all and has everything and more.

Tegamal

Reaction score
I used Handcent for the longest time, but switched to Go for one reason: with Audio Manager Pro, I set my night profile to turn off notification sounds & vibrate. Handcent would always override the vibrate & stay on all night, Go doesn't do this.

As for my list:

Audio Manager Pro: best volume level control app, $3 gets you profiles, scheduler, & themes for the widget.

RSS Demon: IMO, it's the cleanest, most user-friendly news feed app on Android.

Aldiko Premium: Best ebook reader, unlike Kindle, it let's you add books that are already on your PC.

I really love the Quick Contacts widget that came with the phone, but I find that 3 shortcuts are just not enough for me, I need that 4th one, plus I like having 5 rows instead of just 4, so after trying ADW & GO Launchers, I had to go back to Launcherpro. It's the smoothest, snappiest, & most reliable home replacement I've ever used.

It's a shame, because I really liked the Bionic's take on Motoblur, & wish I could use all the widgets on Launcherpro, like the aforementioned Quick Contacts, but alas, it is what it is.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should try Pulse for your news feed. I just found it and it's impressive.

I use a kindle and I Just syched it. This pentile screen is well suited for reading.

Tegamal

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a whirl.

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums