Post your droid speedtest results

amb4582

Reaction score
323460.png

I as well was sitting in my office...We should have a contest

n0cturne74

Reaction score
323770.png

Did this sitting in at my desk in my office building so I can't test wifi. Not sure why it gives a distance of 500 miles tho..

n0cturne74

Reaction score
This app is bugged. When I first downloaded it and ran it for the first time it showed my server as Greensboro, where I'm sitting and gave additional server choices near me such as Raleigh and Charlotte. I closed the app and reopened it and now it's showing my server as Lexington, KY which is 470 miles away as my closest option... :mad:

Edit: Just to rule out tower sync issues I updated my roaming/cell tower location via *228 and reopened the speed test app and it set my closest server as Wichitaw, KS which is 1568 miles away. I don't know how much I'd buy into the accuracy of this thing

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This app is bugged. When I first downloaded it and ran it for the first time it showed my server as Greensboro, where I'm sitting and gave additional server choices near me such as Raleigh and Charlotte. I closed the app and reopened it and now it's showing my server as Lexington, KY which is 470 miles away as my closest option... :mad:

Edit: Just to rule out tower sync issues I updated my roaming/cell tower location via *228 and reopened the speed test app and it set my closest server as Wichitaw, KS which is 1568 miles away. I don't know how much I'd buy into the accuracy of this thing

You can manually select from a list of servers.

n0cturne74

Reaction score

This I know. The first and closet one in the list was 500 miles away.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

It's gotta be the location of the speedtest.net server because obviously (yourself included) we're not 500+ miles away from a tower. Mine shows either Manchester, NH or Boston, both of which are 100+ miles away when my phone is clearly connected to a tower in the neighboring city (location tells me so).

n0cturne74

Reaction score

It's gotta be the location of the speedtest.net server because obviously (yourself included) we're not 500+ miles away from a tower. Mine shows either Manchester, NH or Boston, both of which are 100+ miles away when my phone is clearly connected to a tower in the neighboring city (location tells me so).
What is crazy though is the first time I used it, it showed my server as Greensboro and never gave me an option remotely close to me after that. Anyways.... I uninstalled it and am done with it. I've hijacked the thread long enough lol

G

godanigo

272654.png

I'm in San Francisco and the server was in Kansas. Oh well, still sweet speeds.

And better than my Wifi, but considering they cost the same per month, eh.

324523.png

japaleno

Reaction score
272654.png

I'm in San Francisco and the server was in Kansas. Oh well, still sweet speeds.

And better than my Wifi, but considering they cost the same per month, eh.

324523.png

your wifi is 1300 miles away from where you are using your cell? :D

Monstrosity

Reaction score
Just a question...will the speed be any different on my droid than my voyager? [getting droid soon?

It's on same network, will the speed change at all?