Post Your Droid 2 Homescreens

Fera6037

Reaction score
aha, thank you. obvious miss on my part..

for those of you who create your own icons and docks, what do you use to make them? (as far as making shapes and glosses and 3d like effects, not just cropping a picture)

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

for those of you who create your own icons and docks, what do you use to make them? (as far as making shapes and glosses and 3d like effects, not just cropping a picture)

I use Photoshop CS5, which is the best in my opinion, but not user-friendly for first timers.

I've heard of others like GIMP and other studios.

To make icons (can't make docks with this) without a program, and real quick and simple looking, this site can come in handy:

fonticons v0.9.4 by yeldnats

DARKoRAVEN

Reaction score
aefccc6e-aefd-2871.jpg
aefccc6e-af0d-acc6.jpg
aefccc6e-af1d-f887.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DARKoRAVEN

Reaction score
Switched up my lockscreen to try and make my homescreen and lockscreen more consistent. Still not entirely pleased, but haven't found a way to get it just right yet.

kmgaU.png

NIBJW.png

Where did you get the dockbar you're using?

Fera6037

Reaction score

I use Photoshop CS5, which is the best in my opinion, but not user-friendly for first timers.

To make icons (can't make docks with this) without a program, and real quick and simple looking, this site can come in handy:

i have photoshop cs2 and have a bit of experience with it. what methods and tools do you go about using to make docks and icons?

also does anyone have the adw dock in this picture by itself so i can set it
as my dock background in launcher pro?

http://tapa.tk/mu/4b5b120f-7054-6c70.jpg
^credits to tillyswilly because thats one of his screens in this thread

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score

i have photoshop cs2 and have a bit of experience with it. what methods and tools do you go about using to make docks and icons?

also does anyone have the adw dock in this picture by itself so i can set it
as my dock background in launcher pro?

http://tapa.tk/mu/4b5b120f-7054-6c70.jpg
^credits to tillyswilly because thats one of his screens in this thread

Well, there is several tools I'm using and experimenting with. I haven't used photoshop since its' early days, which was years ago. When I saw CS5 I didn't even recognize much of Photoshop. It really changed a lot so I had to dig in everything and experiment with what each tool does.

Right now, I use mainly the Text (Character), Square (Shapes, rounded or straight), Layers, Layer Styles (has many different styles to choose from), Duplicate Layers, New Layers, Cropping, even Resolution settings. Those are my main focus right now, along with maybe a couple other tools. Eventually I'll get into the more complicated tools once I figure out what they can be good for.

Also, Photoshop CS5 Bible is pretty good. Very useful. I've used some tips from that and also read on the introduction parts to understand what the names were for each tool.

Right now, I'm getting more stylish with text icons and making it look like a realistic neon text. I have a thread about my icons, but they were simple stuff with mostly glow added to it. This is neon stuff where it will make text icons look a 100 times better on a phone, even with a little bit of a 3d look to it.

I'd like to get into actually drawing things on Photoshop because CS5 somehow amazingly can tell what you're trying to draw and will help you clean it up to make it look really good and artistic. I like the abstract stuff. Not dark paints splashed on stuff. But actual drawings in abstract form. My favorite is grunge abstract. It's pretty neat.

Once I have enough stuff made from Photoshop, I'll start posting it here in the forum to see if people would like the dock bar, text icons, maybe wallpapers, and maybe eventually some neat 3d icons for their Droids, if I can figure it out.

Last edited:

arrjaytea

Reaction score

tonyadurr

Reaction score
aefc6946-12b0-7512.jpg

I want cool things. Like instead of the phone it says "call" or the date or time in writing. Where can I find these?

lizard

Reaction score
Try Clockr Evolution, or clockr from the market. Im not running them now but I have in the past and I think now there are more options to change colors and stuff.

aefc6946-12b0-7512.jpg

I want cool things. Like instead of the phone it says "call" or the date or time in writing. Where can I find these?

tonyadurr

Reaction score
Thank you!!! dancedroiddancedroidI will check them out. I am an amatuer photographer and was thinking of using my one of my photos as my wallpaper. Does anyone know the correct size for it to look good? Thanks!!!

cron666

Reaction score
aefc722c-ffa9-d09d.jpg

Fusion rom
Derezzed theme for Fission
Some default wallpaper

phrozen087

Reaction score
Same post as my one from the Rockin' Liberty thread, but figured I'd put it up here also. These are my current 3 homescreens.

2yo8tvk.png