post-rooting: no service on a now unrooted phone.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by excursions, Nov 27, 2011.

1. excursions

excursions New Member

Hmm, I don't know where else to turn with my phone dilemma... I am in a state of emergency where I need it to work asap but I have effectively destroyed it.

I am admittedly a noob to rooting, but I wanted to try it for various small reasons, not thinking it would be too big of a deal. I managed to s-off, root my HTC incredible 2 2.3.4 today (using the guide on these forums) but flashed a corrupted rom, effectively making my phone useless without bricking it.
    Then, hours later I finally managed to restore to a previous point and flash a different rom.
    It worked. But I had no service. And my GPS wasn't working.

Frustrated with the pain I was going through to root this phone and believing that unrooting it would solve my problems, I went through a different guide to unroot my phone (How To Unroot and Return the Droid Incredible 2 Back to Stock | TheUnlockr) because I was willing to start from scratch again for my phone if it meant all the problems would be fixed.

Many hours later, however, I am now left with an unrooted phone that has no service. Basically, it was worse than starting from scratch.

Looking online, it seems the only feasible solution is to reroot it and flash some rom which I don't honestly have enough confidence to do without killing my phone more.
    I don't know if I can simply get the phone replaced because I'm afraid that verizon will somehow be able to tell that my phone was rooted at one point and void my warranty, killing any hopes for a new phone...

Could somebody give a rooting noob a few options on where I can go from here, and what specifically carriers look at for evidence of rooting? Thanks!
  2. rubiksc00p

rubiksc00p Well-Known Member

Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
    Have you dialed *228? It just sounds like you need to reactivate with VZ.
  3. JSM9872

JSM9872 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Definitely try what rubiks suggested. Simply rooting and unrooting should not cause you to lose signal etc.
Search tags for this page
can unrooting your phone cause it to lose signal
galaxy s3 no carrier after unroot
galaxy s3 no service after unroot
i rooted my phone and i have no service now

i rooted my phone now i have no service

i unrooted galaxy s3 and now have no signal

no network after unroot

no network after unrooting

no service after unrooting android
no signal after rooting android

no signal after unrooting