post ring tones

Reaction score
If this is not allowed I apologize.

I was wondering if people could post ringtones they have created or received for their phones so that we can share them

Is this possible?

DroidFan

Reaction score
I basically have transferred many of my iTunes over to the SD card and use those as ringtones...

OP
W
Reaction score
I have no idea how to transfer music to my SD card nor how to get them to be ringtones.

Do you need to shorten them as well.

I guess my droid could be used like I would an ipod if I had one?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Connect your Droid to your computer using your USB cable.
Swipe your top notification bar downward and click on the SD Card Mount permission
Your SD card will show up on your desktop
Drag & drop your music from iTunes library to the music folder on your SD card
Unmount your SD card from your Droid

When listening to the song, hold down the menu key. An option will pop up saying "Add to ringtones." Select.
Then go into ringtones and select the song you just added to the list.

If you want a specific segment of the song, then you'll want to make a shortened version. I use Audacity to shorten my songs (if I want them shortened).
If you don't mind it starting right from the beginning of the song, then you don't have to shorten it.

Yes, you can use your Droid like an iPod as it has a 16 GB card.

Hope this helps!

:)

OP
W
Reaction score
One more thing, how do you play the music on your SD card, is there a program I need to download or open (will the iTunes music format play on the Droid)

DroidFan

Reaction score
I haven't had to add any other software/apps to my Droid to play the iTunes music. It'll play automatically (using the music app that came with the Droid) without any fuss. It also transfers the album covers too! :D

DroidFan

Reaction score
It's called "Music" and looks like a stereo speaker. Check your bottom tab with all the apps if you don't see it on your home screens.

ArXane

Reaction score
Here are some notifications that I use:

Attachments

• Robot_Voices.zip
    77.5 KB · Views: 125