Post-Reboot Issues

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by steveokard, Feb 20, 2011.

1. steveokard

steveokard New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone, I tried installing Bugless Beast v0.6.2.1 which seems to have gone okay. I used the thread http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html here to root my phone and install SPRecovery and installed the update.zip file. I turned the phone on and everything ran great, until I turned the phone off and then back on.

Then I hit trouble, its forgotten who I am, I have to go through linking my google account back to the droid. It gets worse as alot of applications ranging from system processes (latin display for example) and others like the browser start force closing as I try to sign in. Can anyone offer some advice on how to fix this? I tried installing bugless once again and it runs fine until I restart the phone once again... any help would be appreciated!

2. GregNY

GregNY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Regardless what you're using to install the BB file you can try wiping data/cache three consecutive times and then installing again to try and fix your troubles. In addition you may want to re-download the file just to make sure its complete and not corrupt in any way before you re-install...

3. GregNY

GregNY Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure as to how to wipe data/cache using SPRecovery. If you're able to boot in to you're phone I'd recommend downloading ROM Manager from the market, and once in, download clockworkMod recovery. From that recovery platform its pretty straight forward as to wiping data/cache and applying a .zip file.

4. steveokard

steveokard New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I swear to god Clockwork Mod makes me feel retarded, as Ive tried using it before and never got any results when I flash it and then select reboot and nothing happens. It just occurred to me that I might need to hold down X when booting but nothing happens still so Im kinda lost as to why thats not working either. To make matters worse I forgot to mention previously that my original Nandroid backup was useless when I restored it as it just threw the phone into a boot loop. I swear my phone acts like an Alzheimers patient whenever I reboot it, it completely forgets any changes I made and the force closes start.

Now, for your previous suggestion, I have tried flashing my phone with SBF files that are supposed to be stock droid OS. Same symptoms, works fine until reboot and everything falls apart the same way. I havent a clue how I could have messed this up that bad.... I will try redownloading the file anyway, does anyone have a MD5SUM for Bugless 0.6.2.1?