Post Questions Here...

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Sbf to 2.2.2, root, bootstrap, upgrade to 2.3.3 prerooted

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Noob terms! Please lol. But really, I should use that link Mike posted, and then just flash the rom? Seems rough but I will try lol

I just did that not to long ago...didn't have to sbf tho as I was still stock 2.2.2 so I was lucky there. The terms don't get much easier than that tho trust me. If they wrote out the words it can be more confusing hahaha.just know that sbf to 2.2.2(aka froyo ) is what u need to do. The instructions need to be followed PRECISELY tho to avoid errors.
For instance when flashing the prerooted gb it says to plug your phone into your ac charger into an outlet as if u were charging. Miss that and u will get an error everytime until u do it. I wrote down every step needed and checked it off as I went through so the dummy proof simple steps didn't get overlooked.

Good luck and have fun and BE THOROUGH...trust me once you get through it u wont know why u were so worried like I was lol

Yes Being Thorough Is Exactly What Needs To Be Done. I've Noticed With People That They Are Not Reading And Following The Directions Stated And It's Giving Them Grief. That's A Good Post You Put And I Hope More New People Will Read And Take Advantage Of Your Advice. Thank You.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Hello again mike ;)
Was just wondering if you or anyone else knew whether the v6 supercharger and htkbulletproof scripts will work on a prerooted gb with eclipse rom flashed.

I Don't Think Zep Has Modified Those Scripts For Gingerbread Yet. I Know He Has The 3GTurbo And Kerneltweak Versions For The X2 Gingerbread.

Thank you. Do you happen to know a link where I could find these? And maybe some basic install instructions for them? 3gturbo would speed my connection up correct? What would kernetweak allow/do for my phone? Thanks again you have been a big help on my quest for knowledge ;)

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Hello again mike ;)
Was just wondering if you or anyone else knew whether the v6 supercharger and htkbulletproof scripts will work on a prerooted gb with eclipse rom flashed.

I Don't Think Zep Has Modified Those Scripts For Gingerbread Yet. I Know He Has The 3GTurbo And Kerneltweak Versions For The X2 Gingerbread.

Thank you. Do you happen to know a link where I could find these? And maybe some basic install instructions for them? 3gturbo would speed my connection up correct? What would kernetweak allow/do for my phone? Thanks again you have been a big help on my quest for knowledge ;)

This Is The 3GTurbo And KernelTweak It's About Half Way Down The Page.

[Script] V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! - Page 113 - xda-developers

This Is The V6Supercharger.

[Script] V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! - xda-developers

ashclepdia

Reaction score

[Script] V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! - Page 113 - xda-developers

[Script] V6 SuperCharger! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! The ONLY Android MEMORY FIXER! - xda-developers

Thankyou. You say the v6 hasn't been updated for gingerbread yet tho so I will wait until confirmationof that before installing thankyou

in99flames

Reaction score

Thankyou. You say the v6 hasn't been updated for gingerbread yet tho so I will wait until confirmationof that before installing thankyou

Actually, i am running v6 supercharger on GB right now.. I am using the gaming setting. All works well for me....In order for it to work, I had to dl a busybox installer from the marketplace then it worked. It says explicitly do NOT use a later version of busybox than 1.18.2....I use busybox 1.19 from jrummys app. I have no issues or FC whatsoever.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
That's Good To Hear Someone Has Some Luck. Mine Would Bootloop And/Or Just Lock Up. I'm Using MinFreeManager With The Settings 6, 12, 82, 89, 97, 125. Zep Said That's The Equivalence To MegaMemory In His Script.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
That's Good To Hear Someone Has Some Luck. Mine Would Bootloop And/Or Just Lock Up. I'm Using MinFreeManager With The Settings 6, 12, 82, 89, 97, 125. Zep Said That's The Equivalence To MegaMemory In His Script.

And what is minfreemanager?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

And what is minfreemanager?

A Program That Allows You To Adjust Your Min Free Values.

DustinSK925

Reaction score
Noob terms! Please lol. But really, I should use that link Mike posted, and then just flash the rom? Seems rough but I will try lol

I just did that not to long ago...didn't have to sbf tho as I was still stock 2.2.2 so I was lucky there. The terms don't get much easier than that tho trust me. If they wrote out the words it can be more confusing hahaha.just know that sbf to 2.2.2(aka froyo ) is what u need to do. The instructions need to be followed PRECISELY tho to avoid errors.
For instance when flashing the prerooted gb it says to plug your phone into your ac charger into an outlet as if u were charging. Miss that and u will get an error everytime until u do it. I wrote down every step needed and checked it off as I went through so the dummy proof simple steps didn't get overlooked.

Good luck and have fun and BE THOROUGH...trust me once you get through it u wont know why u were so worried like I was lol

Yes Being Thorough Is Exactly What Needs To Be Done. I've Noticed With People That They Are Not Reading And Following The Directions Stated And It's Giving Them Grief. That's A Good Post You Put And I Hope More New People Will Read And Take Advantage Of Your Advice. Thank You.

Alright. Ill go for it in a few, let you guys know if I have problems!

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Okay mike I see the download for 3gturbo and kickasskernel. Can't find instructions for use tho. Do I do something with them in my terminal emulator? I saw something about busybox but also saw if I have terminal emulator I don't need busybox. Busybox is giving me a hard time downloading by the way.
Any info on what the kernel tweaks do is very helpful

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Have the 3gturbo link downloaded just need ti figure out how to use it. I can't seem to find instructions for use anywhere. Still trying to figure out what the kernel tweak ia before download and try. Anyone have any info for me?

kc5tdr

Reaction score
You need to run them in script manager.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

DustinSK925

Reaction score
To sbf root and put on eclipse rom can I do it on a Mac? Or pc only? Also how do I install the drivers on the phone lol Im a true noob I dont know the first step...

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
To sbf root and put on eclipse rom can I do it on a Mac? Or pc only? Also how do I install the drivers on the phone lol Im a true noob I dont know the first step...

Not Being A Dick But With A Response Like That And Not Knowing The First Step...Do Us A Favor Before You Attempt Anything And Possibly Screw Up, Do Some Reading And Get A Better Understanding Before Messing With Your Phone.

I Just Don't Want You Coming Back Screaming Your Head Off You F'ed Up Because RSD Can Brick A Phone As Well As Fix It.