Post pictures taken with your RAZR

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR' started by JP 5.56, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Bang Pow Boom

Bang Pow Boom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    [​IMG]

Family of ducks at the local grocery store

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2. rcenker

rcenker New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    At the beach...

ForumRunner_20120604_122020.png

3. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Ratings:
    +24
    one of my dogs taken with HDR ... Karma.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    There are some really good pics on here. I was actually hoping to see some bad ones. I hear a lot of people criticize the picture quality of the Razr, but I just don't see it. All of the pictures that I have taken have turned out good.

5. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    The camera on auto settings with no post production (using the stock camera app) will tend toward cooler colours; basically, it means it tends to favour the blue end of the spectrum as opposed to the red. Here's a photo of my dog cooling off at a local charity event taken with the stock camera app on auto settings:

2012-06-02_10-45-42_55.jpg

If you notice, the colours are not quite true to life. Too cool. Here the image is again after applying some filters to "warm it up" a bit:
    2012-06-02_10-45-42_55.jpg

The first shot isn't bad, but you can see the issue with the colours when compared with the second shot.

As for something like HDR, it's a great thing to have to get a full exposure range. That same day, my sister was doing some sidewalk art for a local art group. Here's a work in progress of her chalk art:
    2012-06-02_13-12-06_HDR.jpg

This is with absolutely no post production (i.e. editing after the shot was taken). You can see the rich colour, deep blacks, and good highlights.

All in all, the shooter on the RAZR is pretty decent for a modern smartphone camera, but it does have a few quirks. However, with a very little bit of work (a little post production to get the colours right and/or use of an app like HDR Camera+ for shots of non-active things) it takes some really nice shots. I'm very happy with it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. thebeeobee

thebeeobee Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Agreed! I've been using the stock editor to get a little richness back into my photos, but just downloaded the free Photoshop Express editor to see if that gives me a little bit more level of control.

7. ocramavaf

ocramavaf Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Exactly what i found, I have not used the stock editor extensively but ill give it a look, what i found that gives instant richness to photos is instagram, it has a exposure toggle which helps a lot, only problem is photos get cropped. Are there any other tricks you could suggest? And to your knowledge does the enhance option of the stock editor help at all?

Below I've attached photos that I worked on with instagram only the exposure setting was used.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams Member

IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
    Ratings:
    +24
    Well this was taken yesterday and today she had her babies... well 5 so far (not a very good pictures they tend to squirm lol )
    2.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    Yeah, HDR sucks for action shots (even if that "action" is something simply moving its head a little bit in 2 seconds).

10. Zandar

Zandar Active Member

Ratings:
    +34
    You have some really good lighting and some excellent scenery for those shots, which helps a great deal. The RAZR actually takes fairly good shots in bright sunlight (and those scenes would be hard to take bad shots of; really beautiful settings).

What you've found with Instagram speaks to what I was getting at: the RAZR camera's photos only need a little help to get where they ought to be. I haven't used the enhance option on the stock editor, but I have used the editor and it'll do what you need it to. Mainly focus on the big three: colour (temperature, mainly), contrast, and exposure. With literally about 30 seconds spent on each photo you can nudge it over the edge from a so-so phone camera shot to a legitimately good photo. You definitely have an eye for scene composition and colours/contrast, so I should think you would really make your photos pop with very little effort (I have some of the technical knowledge, but I definitely lack the gifted "eye").

11. 210droid

210droid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Stock camera

12. DocsDad

DocsDad Member

Ratings:
    +3
    ForumRunner_20120612_211529.png

ForumRunner_20120612_211604.png

ForumRunner_20120612_211709.png

ForumRunner_20120612_211755.png

ForumRunner_20120612_211825.png

Weird. All those lines are not in the original pics.

Search tags for this page

centurylink field wallpaper

droid razr camera yellow
landscapes unedited
motorola droid razr maxx blurry photos uploaded
pewter color trans am
photos taken by motorola razr d1
photos taken with razr i
pictures taken with razr i
razr maxx 4x3 picture
taken by razr i