Post marshmallow quirks

JDH

Reaction score
Since the update last week my battery seems to run down faster but the odd quirk is my google now/ moto voice activates all by itself. Mostly in my vehicle via Bluetooth. " I didn't get that, please repeat". Today I answered by saying "turn off" and it did. Radio voice will activate. My phrase to turn on is not something that comes up in general conversation. Anyone else??

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine has been pretty well behaved in the Voice department. But you describe happens with my wife's MotoX Pure Edition. It's constantly picking up something and thinking she's trying to ask it something.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
THE BATTERY life is the most notable change. On at 7am and down to 30 per cent
By 6pm. 28 % from cell standby alone. Never before marshmallow. Screen on less than 2 hours and 12%. I just don't understand!just had a thought, I have wifi calling turned on, think that could cause call standby use more battery?

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
yea Battery life has taken a huge dive... really not happy with that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
I just finished a FDR, I will report back if I get any improvement. This reduction is drastic.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
An FDR didn't help mine at all.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
FDR no help here either.actually it has gotten worse, went down 5% in less than 30 minutes and showed 7 hours remaining. I am taking it in to Verizon Corp store after Xmas. I had to charge yesterday evening to finish the day. Hate to say it but I was much better off with lollipop. Everything worked and with my normal use I could make a day and a half.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Now after being on for 3 hours battery remaining shows 21 hours.wtH!

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
For some reason the turbo is back to normal battery life, and I don't know how or why, just glad to have it back.

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
For some reason the turbo is back to normal battery life, and I don't know how or why, just glad to have it back.
Lucky you! What did you? Cause mine sure isn't

Sent from my ZenPad 3S 10

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
First i cleared cache partition, no help, then FDR battery got worse, turned off and on a couple times. Then like I said it just started behaving again, can't explain. Been on since 7am, (about 10 hours) and at 71%, 21 hours left.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Perhaps one or more apps went crazy, due to poor compatibility with Marshmallow? The spontaneous fix could have been just an app(s) update pushed on your phone after you upgraded to M.

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Last night I did a battery monitor re calibration. Power on, hold power button down until phone re starts, then charged to 100% ( overnight ) this morning all is right with the world. Boom!

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Check your BT connections. Are all your pairings still showing?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

OP
JDH

JDH

Reaction score
Nope, had to re pair my Grand Cherokee which btw had an excellent Blu tooth system.