POST-ICS. Going back to different launchers?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I love Go Launcher. and liked SMS... but it was updating so often it annoyed me so I just went back to the stock messenger... I would like/use Locker if there was no lag... not sure if they fixed that since the last time I downloaded (plus, if I remember correctly the lock screen music control doesn't work with it, that's a big no-no for me)... never tried Notifications... Go widget is good too... just not as good as widgetzoid2.x

Music controls work for me with GoLocker.

Xfactorx316

Reaction score
Was using adw launcher ex, but since it's, using nova launcher. Similar to adw, but smoother

I too have been using Nova launcher. It is really smooth.. If I could get my stock ICS to do some of the simple things (like rotating my homescreen) I would stay with stock!

djnolo

Reaction score
Sydman said:
I still like Go products over the stock ones. I am using Launcher, SMS, Locker, Notifications, just like the customization over stock.

Man do I miss my Ginger Bread home button 5 screen preview! Anyway to get it on Droid Razr Maxx after ICS update? Or do I need to go with a new launcher?

Vicious1

Reaction score
Xfactorx316 said:
I too have been using Nova launcher. It is really smooth.. If I could get my stock ICS to do some of the simple things (like rotating my homescreen) I would stay with stock!

The main reason I switched from stock ics is to have the ability to change the layout from 4x4. I currently have it set to 5x6. Hate being limited to 4x4 grid.

Vicious1

Reaction score
djnolo said:
Man do I miss my Ginger Bread home button 5 screen preview! Anyway to get it on Droid Razr Maxx after ICS update? Or do I need to go with a new launcher?

Nova launcher has it.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I am using the Lattice one and don't see any lag. Sometimes my home screen will be blank and take a second to refresh, but I think that is ICS related.

jtc303

Reaction score
I am using the Lattice one and don't see any lag. Sometimes my home screen will be blank and take a second to refresh, but I think that is ICS related.
hmm, I will try it out...

jtc303

Reaction score
hmm, I will try it out...
Nice! they finally fixed the lag!... and I still have my slide function, now with a custom wallpaper, and my rocket player lockscreen controls still work... sweet!

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Probably not ICS related ... almost all launchers have redraw issues ... Apex has a setting to keep stuff in memory to reduce redraws :)

jtc303

Reaction score
JohnnytheK said:
Wow, for me Go Launcher has very little lag compared to the others, even stock has a bit of lag.

Golauncher? I asked about the locker.. anyways they fixed it!