Post-EE4 issues

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by greasepunk79, Jun 15, 2011.

1. greasepunk79

greasepunk79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First: aside from using GoLauncher EX and a few installed apps, my phone is stock - not rooted. I waited patiently for the update to push rather than forcing it. Since the update, though, I've had a few issues.

The first and most frequently encountered issue is that I cannot seem to send picture messages - to anyone. Regardless of whether I have mobile data or wifi or both enabled, every picture message I send fails. And today, i think it keeps retrying because I am getting a "failed" message every few minutes.

The second issue I encountered just today is that, despite having "battery-saving" auto-brightness enabled, the display cranked itself up to retina burning levels and I was unable to manually readjust (with auto disabled, the phone did not respond to the slider) and I had to restart the phone to turn it down.

The third issue is that twice the phone has randomly reset itself. Once while I was playing the battery killer game Angry Birds and once while the phone was sitting on the couch next to me untouched.

The final issue only happened once (so far). Yesterday, I was unable to unlock or soft-reset the phone. The touchscreen did not respond at all. I had to remove the battery to restore functionality.

Has anyone else experienced any or all of these issues and are there remedies out there? I have not done a factory reset for fear of losing all my installed apps and settings.

As an aside, the battery life has been less than stellar since I bought the thing and I have not noticed significant improvement since the update. It seems I have a choice - use the phone or save the battery life.

2. ajb3985

ajb3985 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Battery life with all these phones blow. Do what i did. Bought another battery and buy a stand alone battery charger. I no longer care about saving battery life as i just replace it once a day

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums

3. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using GoLauncher EX as well and force-uploaded the EE4 fix from a zip file...
    Just tested messaging a pic to my coworker and it worked. Also I am experiencing none of your problems. Maybe something else you have installed?

Did you update GoLauncher Ex? I think there was an update last week...

PS my battery life is pretty good-- Im at 87% after 4 hours unplugged.

4. greasepunk79

greasepunk79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Every app I have is legit and has come from appbrain, amazon, or marketplace. And all apps are up to date as of yesterday.

Go fish.

5. greasepunk79

greasepunk79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE: despite numerous FAIL messages, the pic did finally go through.

6. MikeGoob

MikeGoob Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I leave my phone on 24/7
    Do you routinely turn yours off?

7. greasepunk79

greasepunk79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Never. I only reset it to correct a software glitch or hang-up. The only time the phone has been off since I got it was when the battery completely died and it shut itself off.

8. Vidguy7

Vidguy7 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My no connectivity issues continue with EE4. It did nothing for me in that respect. I can go from 4G to 3G to 1X to no connectivity in a minute.

9. mursepaolo

mursepaolo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    my gf's droid x screwed up with the pushed update. i think it has something to do with the not being able to wipe the system before updating.

10. greasepunk79

greasepunk79 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is a way to roll-back updates? I really had very few (albeit different) complaints prior to EE4.

11. kyler13

kyler13 Member

Ratings:
    +1

Did you try a factory reset? Sometimes things get messed up in an update and it causes issues like these. Granted it was a major update, but on my Incredible, the phone seemed more sluggish after the OTA update going from Eclair to Froyo (exactly the opposite of expected) and once I did a factory reset, it was a night and day difference. PITA, I know, but it's worth a shot before resorting to a roll back.