Post all tech support problems here. or IRC #sourcery **Read OP**

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilrl79

Reaction score
I updated to 1.3 last night and then I tried installing the gingerbread theme but after it rebooted I had a couple of changed app icons but the framework seemed to have gone to soucery blue, and the keyboard went into a constant force close issue. I restored back to 1.2 for now.

T-Dev

Reaction score
I updated to 1.3 last night and then I tried installing the gingerbread theme but after it rebooted I had a couple of changed app icons but the framework seemed to have gone to soucery blue, and the keyboard went into a constant force close issue. I restored back to 1.2 for now.

Neil, check your system folder and see how much free space you have. My assumption is that you are very low in the System folder and thus the download doesnt have enough room to load.

thx

killher

Reaction score
I had the problem last night of not being able to upgrade to 1.2 but thanks to the great help at IRC i was able to get that fixed. well now that the new 1.3 has dropped i have been attempting to upgrade since i woke up and it just keeps re-downloading 1.2 as the update. ive used astro and deleted the update.zip folder on my root so that it can create a new one but it just continues to re-download 1.2. so any help would be appreciated.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
killher, what recovery you using? I am using Clockwork and it updated fine for me ... I even restored a 1.2 backup and did it again with no problems.

Not sure I'll be able to help, but I am in the IRC channel now ...

killher

Reaction score
im using clockwork recovery as well. i thought it was really weird though because for my phone it does download and install an update.zip.... its just the wrong one. haha.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I had the problem last night of not being able to upgrade to 1.2 but thanks to the great help at IRC i was able to get that fixed. well now that the new 1.3 has dropped i have been attempting to upgrade since i woke up and it just keeps re-downloading 1.2 as the update. ive used astro and deleted the update.zip folder on my root so that it can create a new one but it just continues to re-download 1.2. so any help would be appreciated.

killher, what recovery you using? I am using Clockwork and it updated fine for me ... I even restored a 1.2 backup and did it again with no problems.

Not sure I'll be able to help, but I am in the IRC channel now ...

im using clockwork recovery as well. i thought it was really weird though because for my phone it does download and install an update.zip.... its just the wrong one. haha.

Another issue resolved via IRC chat ... gotta love live support :tongue:

beatle

Reaction score
Just did the 1.3 upgrade and my Google news & weather is gone. Has this happened to anyone else? And can I re-install just that app somehow?

Edit: Never mind, I know what I did. I had no idea it was called Genie Widget and I uninstalled it prior to 1.3 upgrade in an effort to clean up space. Now I just got to find the apk. Oops

Last edited:

Narsil

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've not had this problem before with any other ROM; I'm running 1.1 with stock (blue) theme. It's constant and I've only been running the ROM for a day. :p

When I try to run the update from Sourcery Magic, I get the "Have you backed up?" followed by "please be patient; magic takes time" message and then something flashes up stating that it has been given SU permission or somesuch but it disappears so quickly I cannot tell what it is exactly. Then nothing happens. I can't seem to actually update to 1.2 or 1.3.

What do suggest?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I've not had this problem before with any other ROM; I'm running 1.1 with stock (blue) theme. It's constant and I've only been running the ROM for a day. :p

When I try to run the update from Sourcery Magic, I get the "Have you backed up?" followed by "please be patient; magic takes time" message and then something flashes up stating that it has been given SU permission or somesuch but it disappears so quickly I cannot tell what it is exactly. Then nothing happens. I can't seem to actually update to 1.2 or 1.3.

What do suggest?

The update only works if you're on 1.2. Download 1.2 from this thread (post #4) and then try to update to 1.3 ...

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea sorry about that I have an idea for 2.0 actually where u'll be able to update to the newest versions with one click like 1.1 to 1.3 or u could do 1.2 to 1.3

Sent from my Sourcery using DroidForums App

Status
Not open for further replies.