eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
install just like you did the rom.

How do you install gapps if I can't browse anything with a file browser? Or am I doing something wrong I do have the happened also downloaded. But I guess not sure how to install after rom is installed

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

install the gapps just like it was a rom. if you are on sprecovery than you will have to change name to update.zip

PARick

Reaction score
May have missed it somewhere, but I can't switch bootanimations any longer. I just keep getting the "Magic Happening!" message. No biggie.

But try using fix 2 which will re flash 1.3 see if that helps

Tried it, same results. Again, no big deal especially with 2.0. But, would be glad to experiment with it if others experience the same thing.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
How do you install gapps if I can't browse anything with a file browser? Or am I doing something wrong I do have the happened also downloaded. But I guess not sure how to install after rom is installed

Download and transfer to your SD card (if you haven't already), if using Clockwork reboot into recovery and install it.

If using SPRecovery rename the Gapps to update.zip. Then before transferring it to you phone I recommend you boot into recovery, mount you SD card and be sure there are no other update.zip files there. After that transfer the Gapps update.zip and install.

segdoh49

Reaction score

Download and transfer to your SD card (if you haven't already), if using Clockwork reboot into recovery and install it.

If using SPRecovery rename the Gapps to update.zip. Then before transferring it to you phone I recommend you boot into recovery, mount you SD card and be sure there are no other update.zip files there. After that transfer the Gapps update.zip and install.
And there is another option...Using RaidZero v1.6 (no need to change name to update.zip) Works just like SPRecovery or CWM, but mucho better.

Last edited:

Logan3824

Reaction score
Update unsuccessful on many things.

Its weird, some things will update but most wont, it just keeps saying update unsuccessful, I have cleared data on market but that didn't help.I updated to the new market, still nothing :/

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
themed apps

Its weird, some things will update but most wont, it just keeps saying update unsuccessful, I have cleared data on market but that didn't help.I updated to the new market, still nothing :/

themed apps will not update. many of the themed apps are in the additional apps section you can uninstall them reboot than reinstall from market.

if they are not in the easy uninstall use root explorer to delte app from system/app or use astro after going to settings magic command choose wizard mode than astro will go into the system/app section and you can delete them. this is with everyrom that you have themed apps in. so gettting use to doing the delte thing is good :)
Let me know if this doesnt work for you.

T-Dev

Reaction score
Logan
If you are running Sourcery then you have themed apps as eagle stated above. There is not a stock sourcery, only themed versions. Thx

Which apps are you having issue with?

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
The apps ur having problems with are most likely in the /system/app folder themed apps can be updated if they're in the data folder u just lose ur theme images but yea what apps are u trying to update?

JakeJB

Reaction score
Having 2 issues... Help please!

I am just loving V1.3 but have run into 2 issues that are major for me... First one is, when trying to install swype, the phone reboots... is this common, and is there a fix? The second is that I am not receiving picture messages... I am using handcent... Is this a ROM issue, or a handcent issue? Beyond these 2 issues, I am thrilled to death! Any and all help would be much appreciated!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
moved to proper thread

I am just loving V1.3 but have run into 2 issues that are major for me... First one is, when trying to install swype, the phone reboots... is this common, and is there a fix? The second is that I am not receiving picture messages... I am using handcent... Is this a ROM issue, or a handcent issue? Beyond these 2 issues, I am thrilled to death! Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Have several people using swype without problems. Maybe try a different version???

picture messages are quarky i can not send nor recieve any mms with multimedia attachments from tmobile. to my verizon droid. on any rom or ota.
verizon to verizon works fine and it works fine on sourcery with that in mind.
just tested with 3 people on droids on 2.0(not released) to 1.3 and all went fine.

JakeJB

Reaction score
The version of swype I am using is the latest update that was mailed to me... I will keep at it... Fixed the picture messaging issue... I removed the stock messaging app. I reinstalled it, and now I get pics on both that and handcent... That must be a handcent thing... Thank you so much for your help! Love the ROM!!!!!!

OP
eagle1967

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
The version of swype I am using is the latest update that was mailed to me... I will keep at it... Fixed the picture messaging issue... I removed the stock messaging app. I reinstalled it, and now I get pics on both that and handcent... That must be a handcent thing... Thank you so much for your help! Love the ROM!!!!!!

Ok glad you got it going dont know about the swype thing but i do know people that are using it on 1.x roms.

Status
Not open for further replies.