1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

possibly first ever bricked milestone? - help needed!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kurosawa79, Mar 12, 2010.

1. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 New Member

hi everyone!

mine's a pretty long story so ill try and make it as short as possible w/ bullets!

• milestone bought in china (where there is no official release) hence it's a grey import
    • phone was flashed (w/out my knowledge) with a custom chinese language rom, hence im assuming it was rooted
    • i manually flashed with rds lite back to an official hong kong moto rom (2.0.1) so i could get english language back
    • at this point still wasnt aware the phone had been rooted so did a straight flash without un-rooting and it worked fine
    • a few days in i changed sim cards in my phone and things started acting odd. phone froze a little but came back on - put in pocket and when i pulled it out again it wouldnt boot up - only backlight would light - no splashscreen, no moto logo, no nothing
    • did batt pulls, recharges and still nothing - the screen wont even blink (cept backlight)
    i'm assuming that this may have something to do with the fact that i didnt unroot the phone before i put the stock rom back on the phone? is there anywhere back from this situation? i tried to connect adb to my phone to try to get into recovery but adb cant see the device...yet rds lite can when i boot with power+dpad up. so the phone is still in there somewhere! ive installed all the moto drivers but of course, am not sure my phone is set to debug mode as i cant access the system....perhaps that why i cant see it.

needless to say, i have no sprecovery or anything installed as i hadnt realised the phone was rooted earlier (my stupid oversight....) sigh [​IMG]

the only other person that displayed similar problems i found is on this thread - cept he eventually could access adb as he knew what he was doing previous to installing a stock rom over a custom one

Only seeing black screen; your help is needed! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

before any of you tell me to take it back to verizon or any other operator...i cant, as its not from an operator and there is no refund as its a grey import. the repair shop here in Shanghai cant work out a way to fix it either....my last hope is here so pls let me know what i can do!

i love my droid [​IMG]
  2. alienware777

alienware777 New Member

If you flashed with rsdlite then it is no longer rooted. It is exactly as stock would be. Maybe the flashing went wrong? Have you tried to reflash with rsdlite again?
  3. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR New Member

That's what I was going to say... If you tried re-flashing again, and it still doesn't work, then I'd suspect hardware. Have you tried switching your sim back for the previous one that was in it?
  4. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 New Member

i have tried to flash with rsdlite more than once and with both the hongkong and brazillian sbfs. neither of them brings the phone back to life.

i will put my original sim back in the phone to see if that makes any diff...
  5. kurosawa79

kurosawa79 New Member

swapped out sim and that didnt work...im thinking now that it's probably a hardware issue. ill take it back to motorola in hong kong on my next trip there...with no purchase stamp on my warrant card i hope they take in my phone!

i might buy another milestone in the meantime...but i have to say that this must be the first phone that has ever crapped out on me after 13 years of using mobile phones. kinda dissapointing