possibly bricked?

Bro Duran

Reaction score
Please help. I rooted using the easy root app. I then got the ROM manager app. With that I was attempting to download and flash SS v4.6 I am now stuck with DROID flashing on my screen. I've taken the battery out and restarted the phone(D1), however it just keeps getting to the same spot and blinking "DROID". What do I do now, please help. I am a complete noob and have no clue. It no longer is blinking "DROID" it is just a lit screen. I also tried hitting the volume up button and the X key at the same time. That doesn't seem to do anything. I hold both keys down through out the Motorola symbol and just hit both at the same time quickly and still nothing happens. I am really stuck.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try pulling the battery again. this time, when you power up, do a hard boot into recovery - hold down "x", push power button until Moto M comes up, release power button, keep holding the "x" until you are booted into recovery (Clockwork, i'm assuming). from there, wipe data and cache, and then do an install of your rom .zip file (i'm assuming you have the rom downloaded onto your sdcard)...

OP
Bro Duran

Bro Duran

Reaction score
Thank you so much. Yes I do have a rom .zip file saved on my sd card. it is the fr22 build. Now it tells me that the install from the sdcard is complete. Do I shut the phone down and restart it like normal? It isn't doing anything else.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
hit the power button once - that will take you back one screen in recovery. one of the options listed should be to reboot. highlight it, hit the camera button, and your phone should boot up.

OP
Bro Duran

Bro Duran

Reaction score
Thank you this is helping out. However it went through the steps like it was going to reboot, after the steps you listed above, but did not. it went to a screen that says:

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.0

- reboot system now
- apply sdcard : update.zip
- wipe data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- install zip from sdcard
- nandroid
- partition menu
- advanced

I used the gold button on the d pad to select reboot system now and it tried rebooting and then came back to the same extact screen.

Thank you for helping me, what do I do next?

OP
Bro Duran

Bro Duran

Reaction score
I pressed the camera button while the -reboot system now was highlighted. The Moto symbol came on to the screen twice, then went back to the same screen of 8 options.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try to reinstall the rom .zip again. make sure you wipe data and cache before you install it. you may want to do it 2-3 times each. if that doesn't work, do you have a nandroid backup? if so, try to restore the nandroid backup. at that point, i would recommend re-downloading the rom to your PC (in case the download was corrupted), put the new one on your sdcard, and then try the install again. i would do the hard boot into recovery and manually installing the rom, as opposed to doing it thru RM - it can be a little buggy...

OP
Bro Duran

Bro Duran

Reaction score
Thank you thank you thank you. I wiped the data and the cache several times before re loading the .zip file. This time it started up. Thank you again. Should I download the SS v4.6 to my sdcard in the future instead of going through RM? I learned a lot from tonight, but I still want to use custom ROMS.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
most of the time RM will work, but you're not alone - lots of people run into these issues. if you do, now you know how to work around it... :)

also, several of the custom roms (like LiQuID FroZeN and Ultimate Droid) aren't supported on RM. neither are many of the themes - you have to dl and manually install them. but, you become addicted to doing so, and you get pretty good at it.

also, you might want to look into using SPRecovery as an alternate to Clockwork. many of the developers, moderators, and long-time rooters swear by it.

enjoy!

OP
Bro Duran

Bro Duran

Reaction score
Thank you once again and you are correct, next time I won't be so panic'ed. You walked me through a lot of good steps.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i figured he wouldn't be getting much sleep if he didn't get it fixed right away - i know i wouldn't!!