1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Possibly bricked D2 HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 5150rr, Jun 25, 2011.

1. 5150rr

5150rr New Member

I was running ginger bread OS and wanted to install liberty ROM onto it. I was using the bootstrapper went into install zip from sd card and then installed Liberty. After this my phone wouldnt boot up.

After a few trys it finally came on. Although the liberty toolbox wasnt working. So I went to the bootstrapper to try it again, but this time when it went to reboot it gets stuck on the M logo. I can get to the hard reset but when trying to install gingerbread it tells me

Install /sdcard...
    Finding update package...
    opening update package...
    verifying update package..
    E:failed to verify whole-file signature
    E:signature verification failed installation aborted.

I have tried the steps in this thread Now you can live without fear of bricking - Android Forums

and http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

rsd instantly fails when trying to install the SBF.

am i tottaly screwed?

thanks for any and all help!
Search tags for this page

how to fix bricked android update failed to verify whole fil