Possibly a new droid owner...got a question?

fordmn1966

Reaction score
well i dropped my blackberry in coke and jacked it up a little but i yanked the battery and disassembled the entire phone and cleaned it with alchohol. it works fairly well but the lcd is splotchy and it seems a little glitchy. now i could either buy another blackberry which i dont wanna do for about 200 from ebay or a new htc diamond for about 300 but im with alltel and supposedly their switching to at&t sometime next year(def dont want at&t).

so my question is should i pay the etf of 200 and get the droid for 200? or should i just get an htc for 300? is the droid worth 400?

LordKastle

Reaction score
It's market value for the phone so yes.

If the Droid is one of the top smartphones of this generation than what other choice do you really have. Many on here took advantage of pre-existing discounts they had and online deals so they will think it is expensive. In reality, that is what the phone is worth.

OP
F

fordmn1966

Reaction score
so are you saying you would go for it? i'm kind of a cheap skate but this phone has caught my attention. been researching it the last 5 days.

HeroNova

Reaction score
I absolutely think the Droid is worth 400. It surpassed my expectations and in my opinion soars over the BB OS.

I payed close to 400 for it myself.

tty

Reaction score
DROID is the best for the speed, screen and battery power.

LordKastle

Reaction score
Yeah, you have to spend closer to retail price due to the circumstances and the Droid is no doubt one of the top phones on the market. Looks like you have no other choice.

My opinion really shouldn't count..I got my Droid for 200 but I have purchased 3 phones for someone else in an 18 month period, the Samsung i760 (full retail), the Blackberry Storm (1 year price), and a Droid because I wanted them to have it... so I have no problem saying its worth it.

I don't think there is a better phone on the market right now. It's Droid vs iPhone...and it's not hard to figure out where I sit on that argument considering the forum I lurk in.

Last edited:

korp

Reaction score
The Droid is a very legit phone. Some new phones are coming out in the next couple months too but I'd say its worth it. Also, I believe VERIZON bought Alltell ... not At&t.

coolkidd

Reaction score
Verizon offers 30-day money back guarantee... so if you do not like it, just simply return it with no strings attached.

Droid can definitely compete as a kick ass smartphone. Just my .02 cents

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can always buy it from Best Buy for cheaper than VZW if you're trying to save some pennies :)

billt

Reaction score
I would buy yourself an ATT series 1 black handset phone-the DROID is not for you it will be a waste of usage.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
so my question is should i pay the etf of 200 and get the droid for 200? or should i just get an htc for 300? is the droid worth 400?
You should do whatever works for you. While I prefer the Droid, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay and ETF and $200 for it. Obviously, YMMV.

boatman2220

Reaction score
well i dropped my blackberry in coke and jacked it up a little but i yanked the battery and disassembled the entire phone and cleaned it with alchohol. it works fairly well but the lcd is splotchy and it seems a little glitchy. now i could either buy another blackberry which i dont wanna do for about 200 from ebay or a new htc diamond for about 300 but im with alltel and supposedly their switching to at&t sometime next year(def dont want at&t).

As a ex AllTel customer, I'd suggest calling Verizon Customer Service, explain that you're ready to have a Verizon account. Do a little whining and see if there's any way to get you set up. $100.00 rebate on the phone. I've heard that that when you call in Customer Service has more leeway in helping.